Anyone get to the last few weeks of pregnancy and get the thought..."what if I can't do this???"

I'm almost 34 weeks pregnant and I'm really starting to freak out! I went through this with my first pregnancy too but it's WAY worse this time because now I'm like "OMG I'm going to have TWO kids"

What if I can't do it? There are days when I'm so tired that it's all I can do to take care of my daughter, DH, and me AND I'M ADDING ANOTHER family member. I feel like I'm going to have panic attack just thinking about it.

Plus it seems like all the sudden my pregnancy is FLYING by. I mean I need to have absolutely everything finished and ready in TWO WEEKS so that it will all be ready be the time he gets here. And my God what if he comes early.

My heart is racing just thinking about all of this.

Anyone else feel like this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:30 PM on May. 21, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Yep....Im 32 wks with my first and im so scared that im not ready that i still dont have things that im going to need i have no clue what the hell labor is going to be like so i dont think i can do it. the list just goes on and on and time is going way to fast for me to keep up im so tired all time time and my pregnancy has been hell medicaly. I know how you feel. Just try not to stress thats what im trying to do . But i have been getting to the point where im so frekid about it im crying and thats what my SO comes home to lol.
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 2:33 PM on May. 21, 2009

• Absolutely with my first child I stayed home and my pregnancy drug on and on so I had so much time to prepare and read and relax, i was still nervous but hey all I had to do was take care of this baby, and a small apartment and I was so much more relaxed now I have steadily worked 40-45 hours with my second, my first daughter is eight and starting puberty, I own my home which is harder to maintain, and bless his heart but my DH is younger than me and I have to care for him too, and to top it off Im 35 1/2 weeks, have some debt that I need a few more paychecks to be even, and where the hell did the time go, can i love and give attention to two kids, can I even afford it? All these things are in my mind everyday all day and I just have to believe that what does kill me witll make me stronger, like the tug boat we must say to ourselves...I THINK I CAN! Good luck!
    rhonda111787

Answer by rhonda111787 at 2:38 PM on May. 21, 2009

• Oh yeah i know how you feel. I've done it 2 times and going to do it again! My last one was born 1 year ago yesterday and i am due in december but i am already wondering what i am going to do! I think the worst part of everything is when you are actually in labor and the head is crowning, i always yell i can't do it because it hurts but once the head comes out it's fine :) Thats really the only part i'm dreading right now but i'm sure i will worry about raising 3 kids too!
    jnsdrf

Answer by jnsdrf at 2:41 PM on May. 21, 2009

• I know what you mean, I'm 36 weeks with my first, the dr. thinks he will be here soon and I'm now getting SUPER nervous, about labor, the fact I'm gonna have a child, I'm still in school etc....
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 2:55 PM on May. 21, 2009

• I have felt that way through out.

I'm 29 weeks.
    mum-to-be-at-18

Answer by mum-to-be-at-18 at 2:57 PM on May. 21, 2009

• I went through this and wouldn't you know about the time I started freaking out, I got put on bedrest and had to depend on others to take care of everything! And of course because of the nesting and the anxiety of bringing baby home I didn't TRUST anyone but me to do things. But it all worked out and now that baby is home, we have settled in nicely and I am doing just fine. You will too, take deep breaths and relax! Make lists and deal out tasks to others, it will get done and you will be perfectly ready by the time baby comes.
    Nesa_Z

Answer by Nesa_Z at 3:00 PM on May. 21, 2009

• I'm only 20 weeks, and even though this is #3 (I've done this before, ya know?) I'm kinda stressed. Every once in a while, the thought comes to mind "I'm gonna push ANOTHER baby out of me!"

Once it's all over, things will fall into place! They always do. Just try to think about what he'll look like, how much fun it will be NOT to be pregnant, and how much love you'll suddenly find!
    mmmommy0207

Answer by mmmommy0207 at 4:17 PM on May. 21, 2009

• I'm 38 weeks and 4 days pregnant, today with my second child. My husband and I have a 17 month old daughter and we're expecting our son any day now. I've been experiencing a lot of the "early" labor symptoms and I feel we are not ready (the house isn't organized...I don't feel prepared in that aspect). It's definitely going to be interesting and different, that's for sure. I'm more so excited about my labor and delivery experience first off... my daughter was born via c-section and I'm trying a VBAC with this one. I grew up the only child, so, I'm happy that my daughter will have a baby brother. They will keep each other entertained as they get older.
    GreekMama28

Answer by GreekMama28 at 5:41 PM on May. 21, 2009

• oh-yes, and this pregnancy went so fast....i still can't believe i'm pregnant and it's almost over already. i didn't even fill out a pregnancy/baby book yet.... i feel so behind.
    GreekMama28