Name brand diaper buyers.

Why do I get frowned upon for buying my son name brand diapers? People tell me that the Parents choice walmart brand are good diapers, and you don't have to splurge when they work just as well as my faves, Huggies. Well, it's because, I compared the Huggies with Cuddleweave that I buy my son, to the parents choice, and the parents choice feel like sandpaper to me. Kinda like when you go to a public restroom and the toilet paper is so rough it hurts? Am I the only one that goes by what I think will be more comfy on my baby, other than what is just cost effective?

lynnseyfaye

Asked by lynnseyfaye at 2:31 PM on May. 21, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• You are not alone. I had people telling me to buy the cheaper ones too, and I recieved some Parent's Choice and Luv's diapers as gifts. I tried them both, but I just didn't like them as well as the Pampers Swaddlers. I ended up giving most of them away.

I'm not a total diaper snob though, because once my babies outgrew Swaddlers I did try several different brands. I started with Pampers and Huggies, but my skinny babies had lots of leaks with those. I ended up choosing Walgreen's Premium diapers because I liked them better than the name brands or any of the other store brands.
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 2:58 PM on May. 21, 2009

• my son is almost 9 months old and we still haven't bought diapers cuz we got so many at the baby shower so we use what was given to us but when i do have to buy diapers they will be pampers and nothing else. generic diapers are definitely not the same. i'd rather pay a little more for something that my son won't leak through in the middle of the night.
    r_elizabeth2290

Answer by r_elizabeth2290 at 2:36 PM on May. 21, 2009

• I always bought pampers for my boys they are 1 and 2 now, but I even had issues with huggies giving them diaper rash so Idk its all what you think and is whats best for them. Now that they are older and don't get diaper rash easy and trying to potty train then yeah we've been using the parents choice they aren't too bad at all. But i don't frown upon what anyone uses thats your personal choice.
    Rebeccaroe

Answer by Rebeccaroe at 2:37 PM on May. 21, 2009

• My diaper of choice is actually pampers and that is what I bought for when my baby was born.... But turned out the only thing she could wear was huggies supreme. anything else including regular huggies gave her bad rashes! I am with you I would spend more for comfort:)
    heather.darin

Answer by heather.darin at 2:45 PM on May. 21, 2009

• I am preggo now but I did ask for huggies. When my sister in law was staying with us she tried a lower brand diapers and I could tell the difference. I am hoping to afford huggies for my son, I don't think I will be trying the others. She did try luvs and the walmart brand but for her they just didn't last, but her daughter was also a big baby constantly pooping and peeing..he he!
    LuvmyFam6

Answer by LuvmyFam6 at 2:50 PM on May. 21, 2009

• I love the huggies supreme with the cuddleweave, they're so soft! I bought a box of pampers cruisers just to try them, and I dont like them as much because it seems like when I use them, I'm changing his diaper every 10 minutes. Huggies have been the best I've tried so far!
    lynnseyfaye

Answer by lynnseyfaye at 2:54 PM on May. 21, 2009

• I completely agree with you!! The generic diapers all feel very hard and like sandpaper!! Huggies and Pampers for us too!
    jmoran

Answer by jmoran at 3:00 PM on May. 21, 2009

• I'm a Huggies mom and will not use anything else. I have tried Pampers and they didn't work for my kids. Just because it worked for them, not everthing will work for you. Stay with what you and the child like best.
    Just the opposite I brag about Huggies and my Aunt will only use Pampers. Huggies makes her daughter break out. gGo figure...
    Danni143

Answer by Danni143 at 3:05 PM on May. 21, 2009

• You should buy whatever you can afford comfortably and what ever is comfortable for you baby to wear. I'm not a fan of Huggies since they dont seem to fit my kids quite right but I just got a bunch of 3 dollor off a package coupons on them so I will be using them. I do like Pampers but usually only buy them when I have coupons. i love swaddlers and wished they made them bigger!! Im personally a luvs fan. I have used them since my oldest was born and still use them most of the time. Im currently using Kirkland diapers which are almost a clone of Huggies and they are decent diapers for a good price. I used to use White Cloud from walmart because they seemed to hold well for my kids but they discontinued them sadly. I am the kind of mom that will try any kind of generic diaper and if I dont like them I give them to my sister. I have found some VERY decent generic diapers. Its your choice though and I would stand by it 100%
    Vsoul0608

Answer by Vsoul0608 at 3:36 PM on May. 21, 2009

• We use pampers for my oldest and huggies for my youngest. I would use huggies for both, but the huggies make my son break out for some reason...same with store brand diapers. It gives him a rash and he's constantly scratching. We used to buy store brand diapers but stopped for that reason. Honestly, we have 2 in diapers and I don't feel like we spend an outrageous amount on diapers anyway, even without buying the store brand.
    audreybreier

Answer by audreybreier at 5:16 PM on May. 21, 2009