summer

Anyone else not excited about school getting out? I dread summer because I have to deal with babysitters and it is added expense. I love the warmth, swimming, and other outdoor activities, but the whole childcare thing is such a stress!!

ria7

Asked by ria7 at 2:32 PM on May. 21, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I can see how that would be really hard. I am excited right now because my son is only 9 months old but by husband is a school teacher so he'll be home more! I am sure in a few years I'll feel exactly the same way as you though...
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 2:39 PM on May. 21, 2009

• I am definitely not excited about it.
    ABryn1011

Answer by ABryn1011 at 2:41 PM on May. 21, 2009

• I would say i cant wait for summer but im due july 10th so im scared about that then i cant go swimming because none of my baithing suites fit anymore. And you cant take a newborn to a pool so this summer im just SOL ugh....
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 2:46 PM on May. 21, 2009

• I am lucky there. My two boys are 2 and 3 but my DD's are 15 and 18 so I pay them to watch the LO's.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 2:49 PM on May. 21, 2009

• Not excited. I work as usual, and the room is usually too warm.

Answer by Bmat at 2:51 PM on May. 21, 2009

• I understand. Now that my daugher is a bit older (13) and I work mostly at home, it is not so bad. She will spend 4 weeks at overnight camp; 4 weeks volunteering at a day camp (a block from home); we're shipping her to my MIL in Florida for a few days; she will be spending some time babysitting.

Answer by rkoloms at 3:28 PM on May. 21, 2009

• I love it when my children are home from school! I love spending time with them and doing things with them. We have so much fun together and grow closer together.

Shelii ~ I wish you all the best on your upcoming birth. My second daughter was born on July 10th. :) We brought her to the beach when she was a month old - we used strict precautions, of course.

Moms who work out of the home ~ I hear ya and can sympathize. Child care is so very expensive and I wish it weren't so.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 4:26 PM on May. 21, 2009