MY SON GETS HYPER AT BEDTIME

MY SON IS 5 MONTHS OLD AND I THINK THAT HE GETS SO TIRED THAT HE GETS HYPER AT NIGHT WHEN WE TRY TO PUT HIM TO SLEEP AND I AM NOT SURE WHAT I CAN DO TO HELP HIM CALM DOWN AND GO TO SLEEP

jaksonsmommy

Asked by jaksonsmommy at 2:46 PM on May. 21, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Try putting him down earlier...Like before the hyperness kicks in...my dd is like that and has been since birth(she is 2 now)
    heather.darin

Answer by heather.darin at 2:49 PM on May. 21, 2009

• You could try putting a fan next to his crib, turning the TV on white noise too might work, though that is more of a hassle, especially if he isn't in his own room. And one thing that I did with my daughter, she would throw her head around so much, I played really loud music for her, set her on my bed with pillows around her, and she went right to sleep.
    samanthaevans

Answer by samanthaevans at 2:50 PM on May. 21, 2009

• It sounds like he's getting overtired. Try and get him to bed when he first starts rubbing his eyes or yawning.
    Arisce

Answer by Arisce at 3:36 PM on May. 21, 2009

• Put him down earlier.
    Try white noise - even portable fan in his room can help. Or a radio set to static, or a special "white noise" CD... we used the engine noise track from "For Crying Our Loud".
    Try teething tablets. Even at nearly 3 years old, I will still use these to help calm my daughter down if it's been an extra rough day (like trying to get her into bed 1/2 hour after we left the circus!) That's all teething tablets do - help calm the baby down. It's like a cup of bedtime chamomile tea for an adult.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 3:37 PM on May. 21, 2009