• In the Spotlight:

Did you know you can giveObama your feedback regarding the new Stem Cell Guidelines proposed?

Has anyone given feedback??

http://nihoerextra.nih.gov/stem_cells/add.htm

science_spot

Asked by science_spot at 2:49 PM on May. 21, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• WOW I forgot I posted this. It wasn't intended to be a stem cell debate, but now I feel compelled to clear up one point in particular. NEW embryos will NOT be created with the SPECIFIC intent of destroying them for stem cell research. That is the Dicky-Wicker Ammeendment and Obama has upheld that. You can read the specifics here: http://www.cafemom.com/group/49206/forums/read/4765832/Regulating_stem_cell_research

And also - no, Obama isn't going to read them, his staff and scientists will, and use the information to determine what the majority of the public wants. And just because the majority of people responding to this post don't want stem cell research, doesn't mean they represent the majority of the USA.
    science_spot

Answer by science_spot at 3:06 PM on May. 22, 2009

• he didnt even take the time to read the stimulus package before he signed it. do you really think he will read what we write?
    bettylou420

Answer by bettylou420 at 3:42 PM on May. 21, 2009

• Did you know he doesn't care what the general public thinks anymore?
    akinbottom2

Answer by akinbottom2 at 3:47 PM on May. 21, 2009

• Yeah, like he's really gonna read it and say, "oh, wow, if that many people are against it, it probably isn't a good thing, let's not go ahead with it." I agree with akin, he could care less what any of us think. He's gonna do exactly what he wants,and to hell with the rest of us.
    Anonymous

• Obama could care a less about what we want or like for the country.
    tyme4me2day

Answer by tyme4me2day at 4:17 PM on May. 21, 2009

• No I didn't know, but I will be reviewing it and giving my feed back. To the PP's...there is two way to go about things- By saying Oh, there is nothing we can do anyway *and do nothing, or standing up and taking an active intrest in things like these.

If all of America was oppossed to these changes then his bills would not pass, and if things got sooo bad then he would be forced to resign.

but nothing ever got changed by people saying 'Oh, we can't change it'.
    ethans_momma06

Answer by ethans_momma06 at 5:53 PM on May. 21, 2009

Name a president who has.

Friday

Answer by Friday at 6:21 PM on May. 21, 2009

• Did you know that EVERY American in this country could tell him NO! And, he'd still go ahead and do it, because it's what HE wants,and what WE want isn't important. That's what happens when you put a moron, ego maniac in office. But, oh well, too late now.
    Anonymous

• Yes I did. I thanked him.

Not all Americans are opposed to government funded stem cell research.
    sammygrl77

Answer by sammygrl77 at 6:42 PM on May. 21, 2009

That does sound familiar

Late last year, he(Bush) had key Republicans up to the White House to talk about the war, and said 'I Will Not Withdraw Even If Laura And Barney Are The Only Ones Supporting Me.' Barney is his dog."

Friday

Answer by Friday at 6:50 PM on May. 21, 2009