i feel so bad becouse my hubby doesn't care for what iam talking coz his care is on stocks and market and money and work and jobs,,and i feel am ignorant ,and when i ask him about his work ,, and when he has work problems i ask him about it he says no thing ,, as if ;if i told u will u understand

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:55 PM on May. 21, 2009 in Relationships

• I have no clue what the hell your talking about????
    ShoesRLove

Answer by ShoesRLove at 2:58 PM on May. 21, 2009

• It's too bad that you are feeling like this. Everyone has their own specialty, - what they enjoy learning and talking about. If you have any interest in financial stuff, perhaps you could take a class on it so that you can talk about it with your husband. What I'd suggest otherwise is for you to discover your own interests and feel better about yourself because you can talk quite well about what you enjoy and know about. I do think that if you are interested in discussing financial things with your husband that he should be patient enough to help you understand. Perhaps there would be some other subject that he would like to talk about, how about history, or politics, etc.

Answer by Bmat at 3:04 PM on May. 21, 2009

• The two of you must have had things in common before your married; you need to figure out how to get your relationship back to where it was. It also sounds like he has a difficult time expressing himself; was he always like this or is this something new. You would both probably benefit from sitting down with a neutral third party, like a clergy person or couples counselor; if he won't go, then go yourself.

Answer by rkoloms at 3:15 PM on May. 21, 2009

• I knjow what your talking about sometimes thats how mu husband will be when i ask him how work was but usualy he says nothing because he dsnt want to talk about his bad day and he dosnt want me to push the issue.
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 3:21 PM on May. 21, 2009

• I'm sure you are good at what you do as he is good at what he does. Just accept that he loves you as you are or he would not have married you. Plus if he tells you what he knows then you might be smarter than him and men hate that!

Answer by admckenzie at 3:39 PM on May. 21, 2009

• You could try saying something to him like "I know that I don't understand as much about stocks and stuff as you do, but this stuff is important to me. For one thing, it affects our future. For another, it's important to you, and that makes it important to to me. I know I don't understand a lot of it, but you know so much about it I bet if you explained it to me it would help me get it a lot better."

If he's concerned and isn't telling you because he doesn't want to worry you, then you can say something to him like "Sweetheart, I know you don't want to talk about it and worry me, but the thing is, I can see it bothers you, and that worries me, so I'm already worried. Wouldn't it be better if we were both able to worry about the same thing, and be able to support each other through it? I know it would make me feel better, even if I can't fix it, it would help knowing what's going on in your life."

cont
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 4:47 PM on May. 21, 2009

• cont

Just, if you say these things, make sure you do them in a calm and loving way, so he "gets" that you mean it in a supportive manner, not in a nagging, tell me everything sort of way that might make him feel under attack and defensive.

Maybe have this conversation with him while doing something like giving him a shoulder rub to ease his tension or something. I know what he said is hurtful, but in this case, maybe taking this route will help him open up and make it better for the both of you, which, in the end, isn't what's important - that things be better for both of you in the relationship :-)
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 4:49 PM on May. 21, 2009

• Try to read your question and ask yourself why you feel this way.
    Chrissy629

Answer by Chrissy629 at 6:34 PM on May. 21, 2009