• In the Spotlight:

Is it me or are there some REALLY rude moms on here!

I posted a ? about asking my doctor if I should have a c-section, because of what has been happening and the chance my son could be really big! Some women were thinking I am done being pregnant and want him out now! Thats not true! Another told me its only for emergency, how is that true when you can have one planned? Its like they were just looking for neg. of things vs me thinking about the health of my son! I am so mad! This is not the 1st time people have been so rude on here! It really hurts!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:59 PM on May. 21, 2009 in About CafeMom

• sometimes people are rude, I would only have a c-section if it was absolutely necessary because recovery is harder. Your doctor will tell you if you need one. Ignore the rude ones....
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 3:01 PM on May. 21, 2009

• C-Sections are very controversial on here, but yes there are some very rude mommies on this site. (and any site really)
    Your delivery choice is between you and your doctor, but please make sure to wait until at least 39 weeks due to lung development. I have had to deliver all 3 of mine via C-Section, the first one was on emergency. My son (1st) was 10 pounds 3 ounces and just wouldn't budge...he was sideways in there and they didn't know until after 28 hours of labor. My second 2 have been smaller, but the Doctor has said that she thought both of them were big, until they got here. (they were 8# 9Oz and 8# 2 ounce)
    Make your choice based on facts from your doctor, and your own research no one elses opinion.
    NewMommyin06

Answer by NewMommyin06 at 3:04 PM on May. 21, 2009

• Yes some people are very rude on here. As for your c-section? I don't see why anyone would want a c-section. If when you go into labor your baby has to much trouble getting out they will do one than anyway. Also they can't really tell how big your baby will be at birth it's only a guess. And even if you do have a big baby it doesn't mean you can't have a normal birth.
    Liz132

Answer by Liz132 at 3:07 PM on May. 21, 2009

• Hey thanks! I am not wanting a c-section till at least 38 weeks, and have also been thinking more on the line of being induced, just so I can get back on my feet faster
    Anonymous

• I always wonder why people get so upset fromt he comments of total strangers.

Answer by rkoloms at 3:08 PM on May. 21, 2009

• Sometimes I just read questions and answers here. And you're right there are a few rude and offensive people here. I don't think they mean to be but it's just how they come off. I have asked questions and received answers that I just want to hit the "report this answer" button. More people should watch what comes out of their mouths before they type it. I alwyas reread an answer before sending it to try and make sure not to offend the person.
    Anonymous

• Yeah people can be very rude on here. As for your c-section, you can talk to your doc about it and some will do one by mothers choice because then they don't have to get up at 3am to deliver you lol. Seriously though, make sure you get all the info before chosing it because c-section are really hard and painful to recover from. So make sure if you are having one by choice that it is really what you want to do.
    valerie0103

Answer by valerie0103 at 3:15 PM on May. 21, 2009

• Yup, there are moms on here that think they know everything.
    My Dr told me my first born was going to be over 8lbs and he wanted to induce me, she was born the day before I was to be induced. She was only 6lbs 10oz and 18 1/2in, she was tiny not big.
    Read up on c sections and be 100% sure you want one. C sections take longer to recover from and very painful. You decide what YOU think is best, not what your Dr says and not what we say on here.
    Anonymous

• Why are c-sections controversial? It's not THEIR body, it's YOURS! It's so damn stupid to get upset about how another mom chooses to do things. Reminds me of the breastfeeding moms who bash formula moms...total busybodies. Maybe they should spend more time taking care of their own kids instead of worrying themselves to death about another mom's kids?

And as a heads-up, I wouldn't ask for medical advice on cafemom. These moms don't have any sort of medical training. Listen to your physician.
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 8:28 PM on May. 22, 2009