Is there a way to get rid of an ache from not being able to conceive anymore?

I have older kids almost teens. I am happy with my life & was okay with not having more kids. Sometimes we talked about it but seemed like we were done. I recently realized that we have gone 10 years without using protection & I have always been very fertile and actually thought I was pregnant. After a doctors visit they determined that I will either need my insides burned out (not sure of name) or hysterectomy. I was fine with this.

Now almost every night I dream that I am 4-5 months pregnant. It is so real that when I wake up I check my stomach & it feels like I lost a baby. It happens about 5 times a week & it hurts every time it happens. I know that I am not pregnant & that I am happy with my children. Is it a subconscious way of getting me to not go through with surgery and try for more kids? Has anyone had this happen? Does it go away?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:07 PM on May. 21, 2009 in Health

• Do I understand that you aren't able to have another baby? I am sorry. It must have come as a shock to you that it wasn't your choice. If there is any chance that you could conceive again, and if your health is not at risk, nor that of the baby if you should conceive, then it sounds to me from what you have written that you aren't ready to remove all chance. ((hugs))

Answer by Bmat at 3:23 PM on May. 21, 2009

• I originally thought that I maybe pregnant and that instead of fibroids the enlarged uterus she felt would turn out to be an early pregnancy. As DH and I had unprotected during a time that I should have techinically been ovaluating. Anyway she did find fibroids they run strong in my family. They want to either burn the inside lining out of me or a partial hysterectomy. I have not had either yet so there a small chance I could get pregnant but I am thinking at this point I am unable to conceive. I always got pregnant so easy and now it seems like I either have an operation to make the pain go away (my periods are so heavy and painful. My lining is 40-50% thicker then most women)

Like now I am okay with not having a baby but tonight when I go to sleep then I will probably wake up with a dream where I have to check to make sure my stomach still small. It just starts to hurt after awhile.
    Anonymous