How to keep a diaper on a curious 1 1/2 yr old?!

I have tryed putting it on backwards, tryed zip up outfits, onesies, everything...you name it and she can get it off. Any suggestions?

mommadool

Asked by mommadool at 3:08 PM on May. 21, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• duct tape!
    AmandaH321

Answer by AmandaH321 at 3:16 PM on May. 21, 2009

• I know what your going through. Went through it with my daughter around the same age and tried all the things you did as well. The only thing I found that worked for me is duct tape. She only over took her diaper off at night or early in the morning before she woke anyone else up. I was extremely frustrated at having to clean poop up every other morning!!! I bought a roll or duct take cut a strip off big enough to fit around her diaper and then cut it down the middle and made it thinner so it didnt touch her skin just stayed on the diaper and wrapped it around before she went to bed. She grew out of it by the time she was 2. I can see signs my 15 month is getting ready to go through this stage so I guess Ill be picking up a roll of duct tape soon! GL
    Vsoul0608

Answer by Vsoul0608 at 3:17 PM on May. 21, 2009

• She probably dosen't like being confined in it. Start potty training her, my dd started at 18 months.
    AmandaH321

Answer by AmandaH321 at 3:18 PM on May. 21, 2009

• Duct tape.
    You can also try potty training but don't force it. If she is ready (and you can't always tell), she'll get it. If she's not ready (again, you can't always tell), then you don't want either of you to end up in tears. Slow and gentle, no pressure. See how she does and be prepared to back off and wait.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 3:27 PM on May. 21, 2009