whats the best kind of vacuum?

i bought a cheap vacuum when i first moved into my house, and obviously its not working too well. My baby is about to start crawling so i need to get a good one! Any good ones you guys like?

trl30

Asked by trl30 at 3:10 PM on May. 21, 2009 in Shopping

Level 1 (-5 Credits)
  • I have a Kirby and I love it! You can use it to shampoo you carpet. I even used it to blow up the kids swimming pool this weekend.
    neveragain17

Answer by neveragain17 at 3:25 PM on May. 21, 2009

• http://www.kirby.com/Portals/0/index2.html

They are expensive but well worth it you can have some one come to your house and demonstrate it and they do payment plans!
    neveragain17

Answer by neveragain17 at 3:27 PM on May. 21, 2009

• Oreck hands down.
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 3:29 PM on May. 21, 2009

• Dyson if you can afford them. They have a suction guarantee. I personally love my bissel because I cannot afford a Dyson.
    Lisa817

Answer by Lisa817 at 7:10 PM on May. 21, 2009

• Dyson, or the purple Bissel with the pet hair option. I wanted a Dyson, but tried the other one and I am very impressed. It picks up all sorts of stuff. I had no idea how dirty my carpet was/is. Even after being shampooed!
    peppermintmocha

Answer by peppermintmocha at 12:38 AM on May. 22, 2009

• I have a Kirby and it is the best I have everhad. I mean I had bagless, hepafilter, stc. Hoover, Dirt Devil, etc. It picks up the dirt that the other vacuums leave behind. You cna spray paint a house or fence with it. It has a spray cleaner thing on it for furniture. You can vacuum your cutains while they are hanging up. It is even motor driven. I have to warn you though it is expensive we paid $1000 for it after a trade in and discounts. It is typically $1400.
    Ibelongtojesus

Answer by Ibelongtojesus at 8:57 AM on May. 22, 2009

• Thank you never again. I forgot about being able to blow up things with it. We use ours all the time to shampoo the carpet. It works great.
    Ibelongtojesus

Answer by Ibelongtojesus at 8:58 AM on May. 22, 2009

• Dyson. But if you want to vacuum on a sectional carpet next to granite, it makes this loud noise so awful, it really is terrible..........
    bella69147

Answer by bella69147 at 3:41 PM on May. 22, 2009

• Kirby. I have one, it is expensive, about $1200+, but it is great. It can be used as a carpet cleaner, the attachments are awesome. They last for 20+ years. My mom got one when she got married and she had it for 25 years before she got a new one.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 7:13 PM on May. 22, 2009

• Ok, I am going to be the oddball out here. When we moved my $400 hoover that never worked right finally died. So I ran to Wal-Mart and bought a $70 Bissell (I have a Bissell Steam Vac and LOVE it). This has been the BEST vacuum I have EVER had!!! I had a lot of attachments and a year later it is still running strong. I have always wanted a Dyson and bought the Bissell to keep me until I could get a Dyson, but the Bissell is doing so well why bother?
    kc932

Answer by kc932 at 11:23 AM on May. 28, 2009