how was your baby at 10 months old for his sleeping?, how many hours, how many naps, wake up at nigth?

I can't keep a schedule for my 10 months, he wakes up at nigth constantly, the naps in the day are a disaster, 5' and he is up. This is my 2nd. boy, my first ( now 3 years old), he was just fine, he was a clock, but now I can't plan any outside activities because of the baby. i still nursing him, so that is how he go to sleep, and cry it out at nigth, it is just not for us. HELP

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:17 PM on May. 21, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Right around that age we lost it too :) We started getting our daughter to fall asleep on her own without crying. We would rock her until she was drowsy, put her in bed, let her fuss but not scream, then go in and rub her back, sing to her, to calm her down, then leave the room. If she did cry we'd get her out and rock some more, always leaving her calm in her bed. It took over an hour the first time, but she eventually fell asleep on her own (WITHOUT CRYING!) After about two weeks she would fall asleep within 10-15 minutes and now sleeps 12 hrs at night and a 2 hr nap midday.
    mkemom519

Answer by mkemom519 at 3:33 PM on May. 21, 2009

• have you tried, or are you, co-sleeping at night? some babies need to feel their mother's presence and will sleep better that way. my dd (almost 11 months and still nursing) will stay asleep between 10-12 hrs at night. she is in bed with me and when she starts moving around, it wakes me, i get her latched on and i go back to sleep. her naps during the day are with me as well, but i don't know if that would work for you since you have another child to look after. maybe if your lo got better sleep at night, his daytime naps would be more predictable? dd doesn't really have a set napping schedule during the day though. i just know a few hours after she wakes, she will nap; a few hours after that, another nap. her naps range from 30 minutes to 2 hrs (give or take); one is longer and the other shorter. good luck! and good for you (and your lo) for breastfeeding!
    kyriesmommy13

Answer by kyriesmommy13 at 3:36 PM on May. 21, 2009

• Unless you're willing to share your bed for years to come, I would not suggest you start co-sleeping.

Anonymous

• My daughter goes to bed around 8pm every night and sleeps until about 8am. She takes a nap usually around 2 or 3 every day. I put her in the stroller and walk and she usually knocks out after about a mile. She has been sleeping through the night since about 3 months when I stopped breastfeeding.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 4:17 PM on May. 21, 2009

• Ours at 10 months went down 8-9pm (depending on which one), they woke roughly 6-7am and had two naps during the day. (no night wakings unless they were sick, were uncovered and cold or something like that)

They were on all table foods and milk, 3 meals per day and two snacks. ( don't know if that would have anything to do with it..but maybe?)
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 4:22 PM on May. 21, 2009

• My 10 month old goes to bed by 7:30am and sleeps till 7am.

She takes three naps (approximate times)

9am-10am
    12:15pm-1:30pm
    3:30pm-4:30pm

Bedtime is no problem. She goes to bed awake and falls asleep on her own.
    I still sit with her until she falls asleep at naptimes though. My choice-I like being near her!
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 4:25 PM on May. 21, 2009

• My 10 month old goes to bed fine, falling asleep on her own at around 8pm, and sleeps until 6am (she wakes sometimes around 4am if she is teething, rolls around and then I guess she eventually goes to sleep because I know I do!), however, for some unknown reason, naps are a nightmare!! While she doesn't need a pacifier for nighttime, she refuses to nap during the day without one. And while crying it out may work at night, it has never worked for us during the day. I have tried everything, so I feel your pain.
    Anonymous

• "Unless you're willing to share your bed for years to come, I would not suggest you start co-sleeping."---I don't agree with this statement. I co-slept with my son until he was six months old. I think that co-sleeping is perfectly fine. But like all things as a parent, you have to decide what is right for you. What calms your son? breastfeeding? rocking? songs? rubbing his back? I know for my son it took forever to figure out what routine would help him fall asleep on his own and what would help him stay asleep. It may take awhile, but I suggest to just try what you can think of that you're willing to do until you find wht will work for your son.
    tanisandrewmom

Answer by tanisandrewmom at 1:14 PM on May. 23, 2009