are there any sahm whose kids are in school?, meaning not having them in the house all the time

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:19 PM on May. 21, 2009 in General Parenting

• Yes - my kids are in 1st and 3rd grade and I've been a SAHM since my first was born. I have no desire to go to work full-time until they are out of the house. I really believe that they need a parent present before and after school. I was going to get a part-time job during school hours, but I just ended up pregnant again, so I won't be doing that anytime soon...lol!
    goldenfox

Answer by goldenfox at 3:23 PM on May. 21, 2009

• I am a sahm now to a two year old. I plan to continue staying at home when he starts school. I expect I will resume my glass work and finally get back to selling it again! I sure don't have much creative time with him home!

timelessglass

Answer by timelessglass at 3:28 PM on May. 21, 2009

• I am an empty nester now. but I well remember when my youngest got on that school bus for the first time. I had to force myself, after a week at home, to go out of the house. I missed holding his little hand when shopping and sharing all of his experiences. After I got used to going out on my own, I actually had a pleasant enough time when both children were in school. I'd have coffee with friends, joined an exercise class, shopped, did volunteer work, and enjoyed the time on my own. I did get a part time job before long, too, to bring in some pocket money.

Answer by Bmat at 3:33 PM on May. 21, 2009

• I am lacking in any support from family,so I am home in case something happens like an illness .If I worked,I wouldn't have a job long with needing all days off that coinside with school days off! Daycare is not an option for an 8 year old autistic child! We do fine financially with one income.
    TMJ121099

Answer by TMJ121099 at 3:37 PM on May. 21, 2009