Baby kicking, except... I'm not pregnant?

Ever since I had my son, Kagan, 7 months and 2 days ago, I've felt the odd little thumps of the familiar kicks that he used to perform when he was inside me..except, I'm not pregnant. I feel them at random times during the day, laying down, sitting, relaxing. Did this happen after any of you had your little ones?

lynnseyfaye

Asked by lynnseyfaye at 3:21 PM on May. 21, 2009 in Pregnancy

• ALL the time! lol... it started when my DD was about 3 months old. My husband and I call it the "imaginary baby" when I feel it... which is several times almost everday haha... but now I actually AM pregnant again. But only about a month along and I just felt it again and I'm like AH how am I gonna know when its real now?! lol.
    mrsbvader

Answer by mrsbvader at 5:10 PM on May. 21, 2009

• I had that for about a two months. My son is 13 though. But, a few months ago, I had the same sort of kick/flutter in my lower front of my trunk. It was the weirdest thing. I'm not even close to being pregnant.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 3:25 PM on May. 21, 2009

• After having kids, women are more in tune with their bodies. So what before we wouldn't even notice, we notice now. I have had that happen before and I am relatively sure it is just gas moving through the system.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 3:28 PM on May. 21, 2009

• I've had it too. I've even had it to the point where you can see my stomach jump. I just chalked it up to a weird muscle spasm.
    sadira29

Answer by sadira29 at 3:28 PM on May. 21, 2009

• When I get this it often turns out to be something I ate causing a little ruckus (cabbage, beans) or a virus coming on. Sorry I can't offer anything helpful.

Answer by Bmat at 3:28 PM on May. 21, 2009

• A muscle spasm. That is also how I described to hubby what our son's kicking felt like early on.
    timelessglass

Answer by timelessglass at 3:30 PM on May. 21, 2009

• i still get those "spasms" from time to time....and my menstrual cycle isn't "regular" so i swear sometimes i get super paranoid...like oh my gosh could i be pregnant...lol....i've heard quite a few mommies say they still feel the "ghost kicks" a couple months after they have their baby...
    ThinkPink23

Answer by ThinkPink23 at 3:34 PM on May. 21, 2009

• I get those little "kicks" every now and then.
    LuvBug3

Answer by LuvBug3 at 3:37 PM on May. 21, 2009