Is there such a thing as too many apples?

My son eats 2 to 3 apples a day, (I peal them and cut them into slices for him) and then he eats apple sauce every night before bed. He does eat other foods, but mostly he just wants apples. Is there such a thing as too many? And how many is it if there is?

BisketLiss

Asked by BisketLiss at 3:32 PM on May. 21, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• oh my gosh i thought i was reading about my 20 m/o son!!! i have wondered the same thing, he LOVES them we cant go anywhere without him noticing an apple!! i have to hide the bag because he would eat the whole thing!! my kid needs apples anonoymous lol
    silly7

Answer by silly7 at 3:41 PM on May. 21, 2009

• As long as he does not get diareah from them then I would say it is okay, it is good for him!
    IMAMOM2-2KIDS

Answer by IMAMOM2-2KIDS at 3:33 PM on May. 21, 2009

• Haha - apples anonymous! My toddler is the same way. Well, actually - I take that back. She USED to be that way. She still loves apples, but now she's into other stuff such as strawberries, canteloupe, raisins and even some veggies. Try to see if your kiddo is into any other fruits you offer him. I found out that mine thought dried mangos were a pretty awesome transition from the boring, ol' apple.
    MommyDumDum

Answer by MommyDumDum at 3:52 PM on May. 21, 2009

• Oh yeah, I guess I didn't really answer your question. As long as your son gets alot of liquids and some protein/carbs throughout the day, he should be finre. I've never heard of an apple overdose :)
    MommyDumDum

Answer by MommyDumDum at 3:53 PM on May. 21, 2009

• If it doesn't make them go to the potty or the acid doesn't bother them I think it is fine!
    Anonymous