Stepmom of a child with a deceased mom...

Is there anyone else in this type of situation? My stepdaughter is four years old and has alot of questions and misses her mom. I was thinking I could personalize a children's book for her saying something like "I will always be there" with her mom's pictures in it or just give her a locket with her mom's picture in it. Does anyone have any ideas on a good way to remember her mom? Thanks for all your help...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:44 PM on May. 21, 2009 in General Parenting

• I think a scrapbook would be a great thing for her to have.

Bless her heart!
    Anonymous

• i did this when she was 9yrs and it was the sameway then.. yes make a scrapbook, get old videos of her on dvd, make a hope chest for her with her mamas stuff in it.. dont try to take the place of her mom, just be there for her, she needs all the love you can give.. this is a good age for you to mold (kinda i could find theword sorry).. she will want so much and she wont know how to say things sometimes, take it slow, and dont get your feeling to hurt, cause trust me they will..
    HottMamaRossx2

Answer by HottMamaRossx2 at 3:57 PM on May. 21, 2009

• Not only should you have a keepsake box with all of the pictures, letters, videos, etc. of her mom - but you should also be very open on the subject. Try to talk to her about her mom as often as possible. If you can't initiate that kind of conversation, don't dodge the subject when she brings it up. To hear from you (her step mom) about how her birth mom loved her and cared for her will mean alot.
    MommyDumDum

Answer by MommyDumDum at 4:04 PM on May. 21, 2009