OH NO THE TUB!!!

my 2 1/2 year old used to LOVE taking a bath. As soon as you said the word she was undressing now for some reason she hates it? I have to practically fight her to get her in the tub and I feel horrible! I gave her a bath this morning before she went for a check up at the dr and she cried the whole time I was washing her. Now we are going to get pictures done in a few hours and she is so sweaty from the humidity that I am gonna have to give her a bath again before we leave cause her hair is soaked with sweat and Im dreading it terribly! Anyone elses child go through this... any advice on how to handle it?

Vsoul0608

Asked by Vsoul0608 at 3:47 PM on May. 21, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• have you tried a shower? mine have loved showers from the start!
    bettylou420

Answer by bettylou420 at 3:48 PM on May. 21, 2009

• i agree with betty-my son will let my wash his hair in the shower but not in a bath.
    SThompson21

Answer by SThompson21 at 3:51 PM on May. 21, 2009

• OP HERE--- no I have not tried a shower but I will def be trying that in a little bit when I try to get her cleaned up. Thanks, I never thought of that!
    Vsoul0608

Answer by Vsoul0608 at 3:53 PM on May. 21, 2009

• my 2yo went through a phase like that too, and she is now back to loving the tub!! We tried a shower, but it freaked her out. She only liked it if I sprayed it just on the back of her legs (we have a removable shower head). Find some toys for them to play with in the tub. My dd got a doll that came with a little bathtub, and now she loves getting in the tub with that and while I wash her she washes her doll.
    avpriddis

Answer by avpriddis at 3:59 PM on May. 21, 2009

• oh mama.. let her run around in the shower then.. this would be a good time for you to put on your swimsuite (if you dont let her see ya naked)and jump in.. get in ther and show her what a "big girl" does in there.. that will make it more fun cause she will be a big girl..
    HottMamaRossx2

Answer by HottMamaRossx2 at 4:00 PM on May. 21, 2009

• I also reccomend the shower route, my DS LOVES to shower, but have you tried any new bathtoys or anything? letting her help you get ready for the tub, turn on the water, set out the towel, etc? You could have her pretend to give her favorite dolly a bath...
    ethans_momma06

Answer by ethans_momma06 at 5:47 PM on May. 21, 2009

• My DD went through this as well all because water got in her eyes one time! They are so silly sometimes. She got over it after a while though and now loves it again.
    imtheonlysane1

Answer by imtheonlysane1 at 7:45 PM on May. 21, 2009

• my son has a love hate with the shower. but he also use to love the tub. but i guess because he realized that before he goes to sleep he gets a bath. so now anytime he gets a bath he thinks hes going to bed. so i got different toys, an mixed up the times threw out the day of when bath time was, an sometimes i let a bath slip. give him (an i ) a break. its gotten better, so maybe you could try that.  .. oh an my son LOVES to color so we got him those water markers.. they are awesome!

youngmarriedmom

Answer by youngmarriedmom at 10:22 PM on May. 21, 2009