Not trying to start drama...

I remember a question when I first started cm where someone asked "could someone else on cm sway your opinion" and I said no. But I've seen some questions on here where the op will get 60-70 responses...and not a single person will agree with them. I'm just wondering, when people see that many people who don't agree with them, does that compell them to re-examine their opinion? I'm not being a smartass or trying to start any drama, I'm just really curious!

...and why is it you can spell check responses but not questions?!?!?!

ajguinn

Asked by ajguinn at 4:02 PM on May. 21, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I think if you have written a question and absolutely everyone disagrees with you the time should be taken to evaluate it. Like ..Wow, am I so off base...or all these people morally corrupt loons/ It can go either way. Anytime you reexamine yourself is a good thing. Even if you change nothing, the act of looking at how you see things is a good idea. People that get so set in their ways they can't even concieve of change apparently never do.
    Anonymous

• I say what I feel.
    LuvBug3

Answer by LuvBug3 at 4:04 PM on May. 21, 2009

• Curious too and if you have firefox it underlines your wrong words in red and you can right click to correct it.

Anonymous

• no.. when i write one i dont even look what others have wrote.. then to tell ya the truth i dont go back.. so if they are bashing me i wouldnt even know.. LOL im not like that, like i care what they think of me.. DANG now im thinking maybe i should go back.. LOL
    HottMamaRossx2

Answer by HottMamaRossx2 at 4:05 PM on May. 21, 2009

• Well, I mean, if I asked a question and included a personal view in my question (lets use the example of the one where the woman stated "why do people let big dogs inside the house" and then said she couldn't stand people like that) and then every person disagrees with my personal opinion I might say "am I wrong?"
    ajguinn

Answer by ajguinn at 4:10 PM on May. 21, 2009

• lol, I don't have firefox!
    ajguinn

Answer by ajguinn at 4:11 PM on May. 21, 2009

• so far i have valued the opinions of other sand it usually sheds new light on something. Sway me? depends on the question. They couldnt sway my values...but i ask questions like...should i do this or this?...so Im obviously open to ideas and i like that people come up with stuff i wuldnt think of while im going thru the situation. I bet when they get 60 responses they only read 20 pages and get disgusted and walk away.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 4:13 PM on May. 21, 2009

• Well for one, this is CM with several hundred thousand members...its gonna take more then 50 or 60 to make me even consider re-thinking anything. Not to mention, I have yet to find that many on here that agree on ANYTHING. Those responses may not agree with the OP but I can just about promise you they dont even agree with each other.
    Also, there are certain things I'm very grounded in, and I dont jump on band wagons.
    abbynzachsmommy

Answer by abbynzachsmommy at 4:16 PM on May. 21, 2009

• I've seen a couple where ALL of the respondents disagree with the op, and they all have the same opinion. I'm not talking about moral or religious beliefs. I'm just saying there are some things where I'd be like "wow...." and have to look into whether I was right or not.
    ajguinn

Answer by ajguinn at 4:20 PM on May. 21, 2009

• It depends on the question and the answer. I am open minded to other points of view on some things and not on others. Sometimes I will see someone's answer and think "that's brilliant, well worded, or I never thought of that".... other times I think "geez, I can't believe someone thinks that"
    Niki_sd

Answer by Niki_sd at 4:25 PM on May. 21, 2009