I had managed to go this long without finding out about "Baby P", and now I am so upset, how could anyone do that? Why? (Social workers...)

I'm so upset, I can't believe these things happen.

(Please don't answer if you do not know about "Baby P", it's a very sensitive subject, if you are wondering about the story, this is a link -- http://pysih.com/2008/11/17/barkeonnolly/ )

My question is, how do social workers miss that kind of thing happening right under their noses? How could they over look such horror inflicted on a little baby?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:03 PM on May. 21, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I never heard of that story and I opened your link and read it. I wish I didn't. That is about the most heart breaking thing I have read in awhile. I think they should be held accountable in his death as well. They missed it because they didn't care and do their job properly. It disgust me that they did nothing to help that boy. At least he isn't suffering anymore.

Anonymous

• This was an awful tragedy. Any social worker that doesn't know about this, is one that is ignoring it, plain and simple. There's no way, if he was that abused, that she could not have noticed it. I can't believe that people do this in this world. It makes me sick to my stomach to hear stories about this, especially when I look at my 6 month old, and could never imagine ever doing something like that to him. I bawl when he bumps his own head!
    lynnseyfaye

Answer by lynnseyfaye at 4:20 PM on May. 21, 2009

• That's the only comfort I can take from it, Anon.

That beautiful little boy is now up in heaven, he is being cuddled, kissed, fed, bathed and loved unconditionally by gods angels, and he is in a happy place with no recollection of his life on earth.
    Anonymous

• I think the mom, both men and all the workers should be punished severely.

BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 4:21 PM on May. 21, 2009

• There are so many cases like the Baby P one, it's really sad, but it happens. I will say that social workers can be over-worked and have a heavy case load, but when I looked this case up on wikipedia it said that the child was taken away from the mother twice before he died. Now I really have to wonder how in the hell people could be so negligent to let a woman have her child back twice when she obviously wasn't going to stop abusing him.

ajguinn

Answer by ajguinn at 4:24 PM on May. 21, 2009

• its sad when an innocent childs life is worth only 14 years. its sad that you will get more time for drug possession or burglery (and not kill anyone) than you will for torchering and killing a child!!! im aware of my misspellings but i dont care at the moment.
    SThompson21

Answer by SThompson21 at 4:26 PM on May. 21, 2009

• This is why I am all for the death penalty
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 4:27 PM on May. 21, 2009

• I just got that link to work. wow.
    ajguinn

Answer by ajguinn at 4:31 PM on May. 21, 2009

• It took all I had to read through all that this baby went through. social workers need better training if they can't spot such obvious abuse!
    I can't wait for the sadist monster to do time and get what he deserves!!
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 4:33 PM on May. 21, 2009

• There's a new post, with Baby P's Mom  asking forgiveness for the "inadequate parenting skills that prevented her from realizing her child was being tortured". I'm sorry, but if my kid broke one rib I would know, let alone 8.  She had to have known and now she's just trying to keep herself out of trouble. As far as the social services goes, I think that was a MAJOR error on their part. I'm not sure about that doctor either. How do you miss broken ribs, broken back, missing fingertips/toes? I think some people were just looking the other way to not have to deal with it IMO. Here's the link: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/baby-p/5363196/Baby-Ps-mother-offers-desperate-apology.html

AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 4:52 PM on May. 21, 2009