Anyone have a stressful job?

This is just a vent...but my job is soooooooooooooo stressful. Then I go home and take care of my DD all evening and night while my DH sits his butt on the pc.
Right now, I should be thankful for my job, but dang...some days....it's never ending. (This morning I had 5 calls waiting, 10 messages and 18 emails)
I talk to people around the world and can barely understand them...and probably vice versa.

I just wanna run away.

Chloesmom1126

Asked by Chloesmom1126 at 4:08 PM on May. 21, 2009 in Money & Work

• My job is stressful only b/c my boss is so very unorganized! He forgets to do stuff and messes up stuff so stuff looks bad on me and with my position, I have to fix things to make customers happy. He frustrates me so much! I'd love my job if he was more organized, then things could run smoothly.
    ABPeterson

Answer by ABPeterson at 4:11 PM on May. 21, 2009

• Why doesn't your DH help you out? Have you talked to him about it?
    soonmommyof3

Answer by soonmommyof3 at 4:11 PM on May. 21, 2009

• Well I am a full time SAHM & I believe this is very stress full. In all honesty I would rather be working outside the home full time. When I was I was not so stressful & was more able to please everyone. But whatever
    Anonymous

• yeah, it's called being a mom...lol
    JessieK79

Answer by JessieK79 at 4:15 PM on May. 21, 2009

• SAHM is stressful...not taking that from anyone.
    But dealing with children can be difficult...I deal with adults and they're MORONS lol....

BTW, I couldn't be a SAHM...I respect all SAHM's...you ladies are awesome :)
    Chloesmom1126

Answer by Chloesmom1126 at 4:16 PM on May. 21, 2009

• Yes my job is stressful sometimes and other times im bored and i never know exactly what my boss wants because it changes all the time. He is very hard to read
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 4:17 PM on May. 21, 2009

• I have no choice but to be a SAHM. I wanna work again :(

I respect moms who work outside of the home. (wanna trade jobs, lol)
    Anonymous

• Why aren't you having this discussion with your spouse? I understand that many of us have to work, but marriage and parenting are a partnership, and your spouse is treating you like an employee.

Answer by rkoloms at 4:27 PM on May. 21, 2009

• I used to before becoming a SAHM.

I was a Social Worker. As if that's not stressful enough on it's own, I was covering as the Admissions/Marketing Director of the facility I worked for every 3-4 weeks for a week at a time in addition to my job. People would walk in and out of my office all day long, I'd get an average of 15 calls per hour (including people calling into the night to leave messages for me and then calling the next morning wondering if I had gotten the messages yet) and forget counting the emails. In addition, I'd have residents having break downs (over various and even rediculous things) and demanding I come to their room. I had a cellphone, two office phones and a pager. When covering both positions I'd work 7 days straight 10-12 hours per day and take my paperwork home with me at night to do.
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 5:48 PM on May. 21, 2009

• I have two very active children, 3 home based businesses, my own co-op website and the house and the hubby...

I'm looking for a job just so I can get a break from the stress...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 5:48 PM on May. 21, 2009