Walking help Dilate?

I'll be 37 weeks tomorrow and today at the doctor i found out I'm 50% effaced and my cervix is really soft.
Does walking help dilate the cervix? Because next week she says I can get a membrane sweep if I am dilated enough.

I am really hoping i could get one, because if it worked, she could possibly be born on my birthday. And that'd be a great birthday present.

CamiiiCompasion

Asked by CamiiiCompasion at 4:08 PM on May. 21, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I think it helps... since it has gravity help dialate you... Im with you, just found out I'm 1 cm and 50% effaced so I'm about to go walk right now!!! hehe... GL mama maybe we'll be having our lil ones around the same time!
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 4:41 PM on May. 21, 2009

• it can but i wouldn't count on it. dont rush it. babies need to go to 40 weeks if possible. the baby could have trouble breathing this early
    Butterflysky_24

Answer by Butterflysky_24 at 4:44 PM on May. 21, 2009

• have sex and make sure u have an orgasm i did and went into labor that night he was 3 1/2 weeks early but i had been havin contractions all day and was 2 cm and he was fine he came home with me from the hosp. he's 2 weeks old now and my due date was may 31st. good luck
    kimmie123

Answer by kimmie123 at 4:56 PM on May. 21, 2009

• My doctor wouldnt do a sweep if it wasn't safe, she delivers babies too
    I was a big baby, so i'm not worried about birth weight.
    I have an ultrasound tomorrow though.
    CamiiiCompasion

Answer by CamiiiCompasion at 5:23 PM on May. 21, 2009

• i had my son at 36 weeks and he was super healthy :) GL :)
    shorty_18

Answer by shorty_18 at 5:32 PM on May. 21, 2009

• it helped me i walked and i was 36 weeks had my daughter at 37 weeks
    zoeysmommy09

Answer by zoeysmommy09 at 7:11 PM on May. 21, 2009