Am i over reacting?

My sister in law has been staying with me(my exs sister) and shes had issues with drugs and alcohol and loves to hang out with the trouble makers... well yesterday i had her babysitting and id told her specifically to keep my son in the house... but when i was gone she went to one of the neighbors houses that i dont know, that has alcohol probs, and wen i talked to her, told her to go back in the house, and she was still outside when i got home... i was sooo mad.... i dont know the people in my neighborhoood and im very protective over whose house i take my kids to, and she directly went against what i said...this isnt the first time shes put my son in a bad situation-she has very bad judgement of character...im not going to leave my son with her anymore...i cant trust her....
What would you guys do if your babysitter went directly agains your wishes? multiple times....

trystons_mommy

Asked by trystons_mommy at 4:11 PM on May. 21, 2009 in General Parenting

• karen! you should know better! if you needed someone to watch him, you shouldve contacted me. i love your sil but i would never leave him with her. bug is a different story, but from the past you should know better.. p.s. you need to get ahold of me so i can know what to bring from the bbq babyshower
    sunshinebaby209

Answer by sunshinebaby209 at 5:36 PM on May. 21, 2009

• I never hired that babysitter the second time. We had one that should have been very good, and I told her do not unlock the doors for anyone. We just by chance got home early and her boyfriend was there, I feel that nothing went on, but I also was very protective, so I never asked her back, and that's when we stopped going out when the children were small enough to need sitters. We either took them with us or didn't go. You are right to never let her sit again.

Answer by Bmat at 4:16 PM on May. 21, 2009

• I would kick her out! It's you rkid and it your job to make sure he is not put in harms way, that means keeping people away from him that are a bad influence on him. It seems to me that she could care less about you and your son or she wouldnt have gone against your wishes and left the house. She abviously needs to grow up a little bit and learn that if she doesnt start acting responsible then there are going to be bad consequences. Make her leave and maybe she will come to her senses!
    Amanda7891

Answer by Amanda7891 at 4:18 PM on May. 21, 2009

• NOT over reacting! I would not ever leave her alone with my child again. Your instincts are dead on IMO. Don't feel bad about it either, as mommies our first priority is to our children and their safety. If that means a few feelings get hurt then so be it. I'd rather hurt someone's feelings than let my child be put in harms way.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 4:22 PM on May. 21, 2009

• I'm wondering WHY you left your kid with someone who has known drug problems?? And why you're letting her live there?
    Arisce

Answer by Arisce at 6:35 PM on May. 21, 2009

• o.k. why in the word would you have her in your house let alone watch your son?!
    rose549

Answer by rose549 at 9:26 PM on May. 21, 2009

• She wouldn't be in my house in the first place. Why would you leave your child with someone who has an addiction and doesn't follow your safety rules?

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:46 PM on May. 21, 2009