What would you do?

If you found mice in your garage (or even in your house) what would you do?? Put out mice traps, call the exterminator, put out poison, let the cat loose in there, keep them as pets, or what?

I personally would make my hubby get rid of them somehow and I would stay out of the garage until they were gone :) I hate those types of things!

soccerchik8287

Asked by soccerchik8287 at 4:19 PM on May. 21, 2009 in Just for Fun

• In the garage I wouldnt worry about it. In the house i would put out traps or call the exterminator. I wouldnt do the poison because i would worry about my kids getting in to it.
    abbynzachsmommy

Answer by abbynzachsmommy at 4:23 PM on May. 21, 2009

• I definately wouldn't keep them as pets that for sure. Most likely I would put out traps. I have the worst experience with mice/rats. My husband and I downsized for little bit, we had this cute patio in our apartment after a couple of months of being there we started using the patio to use our grill. One day I went to start the grill and a HUGE RAT jumped out as soon as it felt the heat. I freaking jumped, yelled, peed on my pants, you name it (not really but LOL). I was terrified of this thing. We cut the bushes out in the patio, got rid of the grill and put traps out in the patio. It's really gross but in a course of like 2 weeks he caught about 4 rats and about 7 babies. It was the most disgusting thing I saw...our lease was only for 6 months we did not think twice about moving else where! YUK!!!
    LuvmyFam6

Answer by LuvmyFam6 at 4:30 PM on May. 21, 2009

• Trap definately.

Had a bad experience with rat poison and our pup as a kid. My mom had rat poison behind the sofa from ages before we got the dog and the pup got into. And now that I've got two dogs and a cat and a three year, poisons aren't something I want to mess with. I'm even paranoid about laying down fertilizer in the yard.

And it would be hubby's job to check the traps and dispose of any victims.
    Crystal1124

Answer by Crystal1124 at 4:32 PM on May. 21, 2009

• In the house, I would use traps. Actually, had advice from exterminator at work that the Glue Boards work well. I had a mouse in the basement one day, put out the glue board, and he was caught within the day. In the garage, I wouldn't worry about it. There are too many ways for mice to get in and out. Poison is out. Had a bad experience with poison and pets. If you have a cat, you might try putting it in the garage for a couple of days (of course, with the doors closed).

tngrandma

Answer by tngrandma at 4:43 PM on May. 21, 2009

• We have 3 cats - 2 of them actually "mouse." When they spend their hairy little days watching the cabinet under the sink, I get out the poison. It goes in places that the kids cannot get into (and 2 are old enough to really get the idea of poison is really bad.) Occasionally I'll find one in the family room or flattened in the garage. Yech. I also know where their summer nest is and there are a couple of really well fed looking snakes hanging out there. Yay snakes!
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 5:25 PM on May. 21, 2009

• We have a sonic deterrent in our garage. We got it at the hardware store. It's a device that plugs into the wall and lets out a high frequency noise that we can't hear but drives mice and rats crazy and keeps them away.
    evwsquared

Answer by evwsquared at 6:17 PM on May. 21, 2009

• I would use sticky traps. Their little feet get stuck on them and when I saw that a mouse had gotten caught I would call my hubby to take care of them. Then for some strange reason the dog (a terrier) decided that mouse patrol was his job. He wouldn't kill them, but would lick them like crazy. I would find him licking something insanely and find it to be a mouse. They would be dead but with not a single mark or bite on them. I think he must have given them little mousie heart attacks or something. Thank goodness we have no more mice!
    Anonymous

• glue traps
    faithhopeclan2

Answer by faithhopeclan2 at 9:39 PM on Jul. 14, 2010