How you do you stop from losing your patience with your screaming baby?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:20 PM on May. 21, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Walk away, count to 10 & take a deep breath. Then pick up your baby & love on him/her. Tell him/her it will be ok.
    itsallabtthem84

Answer by itsallabtthem84 at 4:22 PM on May. 21, 2009

• mine was colick and constantly cried the first four months. sometimes you just have to put them in their crib or somewhere safe for a few minutes and go outside for like five or ten minutes to regain your composure. babies can usually sence frustration and it seems to make the screaming worse.....
    Mgirly84

Answer by Mgirly84 at 4:22 PM on May. 21, 2009

• I just kept reminding myself that although it seemed like it, he wasn't screaming to make me miserable, he was screaming because HE was miserable.
    BisketLiss

Answer by BisketLiss at 4:24 PM on May. 21, 2009

• If you can tell us why you think she's screaming, how long she's been like that, and how old the baby is, we can give you more input. Help is here! Just ask!
    doodlebopfan

Answer by doodlebopfan at 4:24 PM on May. 21, 2009

• I know it could be stressful I am almost 33 weeks and my youngest is 8, I am so afraid I won't have patience to deal with the baby when he cries. But I agree with the first posting. it's okay if the baby cries, take a deep breath. Do you have an older child that could help out for a few minutes so you can get your thoughts together? How about just taking the baby for a drive? it will be okay.
    LuvmyFam6

Answer by LuvmyFam6 at 4:24 PM on May. 21, 2009

• Oh, in the beginning I cried along silently with her while cuddling - we let it all out together.

Worst case scenario - phone Mom, Dad, Sister, whoever can come over and be a replacement cuddler while you go rekindle your brain.

ladysavage

Answer by ladysavage at 4:29 PM on May. 21, 2009

• i have anger issues, so when muh bby screams, i juss remind muhself that shes juss a bby n this will pass. i always think of when she gets older n i can tell her bout these agonizing times.
    sometimes i juss need to walk away or leave her with muh mom for a lil bit til i calm down.
    but its expected that u get frustrated. its normal.
    momma323

Answer by momma323 at 4:29 PM on May. 21, 2009

• I would walk away for a few minutes. When I came back, I would make up silly songs about how the crying was driving me crazy. I end up laughing at myself in the end. The further I would get into the song, the calmer we would both become. I think sometimes just saying that you can't take it anymore makes you feel better. I've also taken a few minutes to go out in the garage and scream or cry.
    sammygrl77

Answer by sammygrl77 at 4:49 PM on May. 21, 2009

• My son was colicky also and I rocked and cried and bounced and cried and drove him and cried -I asked for help from my mom who I trusted with him becaise she has all the patience in the world - it was very hard - he's stll not an easy child at 1-1/2 but so far, anything's easier than that baby cry. Its devistatingly hard in my eyes... but mine would cry for 6 hours at a bout..
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 4:54 PM on May. 21, 2009

• My mom told me when I was pregnant that if at anytime I felt like I was going to lose it, call her and she would come and take over for me. I had to do that a couple of times and after a couple minutes i felt better and could get back to my screaming baby!Do you have someone to call?
    Anonymous