Dating advise? Is it too early to tell if this can go anywhere? Im so confused and I want so much for things to work with this guy, i really like him alot!

Ive gone out on 2 official dates with this guy- and he is soo great... and he loves kids! and both dates were supposed to be for lunch, and ended up getting extended to all day things....i really like him and i think he likes me, but i am so paranoid... im afraid to get too attached in fear that he will change his mind....we plan on taking everything slow because of everything we both have been through we want to do everythign right... he was afraid to even give me a peck on the cheek lol... and i know we could be good together.... but he lives about 2 hours away... and the only time i get to see him is when he comes here....and i guess im kinda worried more cause he still has attachment to his ex g/fs son...hes afraid to get attached to mine too because he doesnt get to see him anymore...Hed raised her son for about 2 years...thinks of him as his own son...
he makes me so happy though, and we have so much in common.

trystons_mommy

Asked by trystons_mommy at 4:24 PM on May. 21, 2009 in Relationships

• you've only gone out on two dates. just keep seeing him and see where it leads. i think and tell my friend not to read into things. that makes things worse. just live your life and share it with him as much as is pomissiable. you always get exctied about meeting some but sometimes that feeling doesn't last so try not to dwell on it for now and wait and see if the feelings turn into something more. i didn't have feelings for my husband like you when we first went on our first date. although i had a stroing crush on him before that. so feelings do change. they came back to me shortly after my husband then boy friend told me he loved me and said he would love to marry me. i played it cool. i just let the feelings come and go and never dwelled on what it meant. had i done so i may of not of had a second date(first date i felt nothing at all 4 him) and never of married my true love.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 4:46 PM on May. 21, 2009

• OH! and he came over and met my sisters.... they sayd even when i was with my ex husband and things were good they NEVER saw me glowing that much... they keep picking on me cause of it... I just want to do everything right, and i want this to go far.... it would be my first time "dating" someone since my ex husband....
    trystons_mommy

Answer by trystons_mommy at 4:25 PM on May. 21, 2009

• It sounds like you are getting way ahead of yourself. It is great that you are able to get out and have fun without your kids, but just take this relationship as it is, not what you want it to be.

Answer by rkoloms at 4:43 PM on May. 21, 2009

• Take it one step at a time! Breathe

If you and he are meant to be, it'll happen.
    LuvBug3

Answer by LuvBug3 at 5:02 PM on May. 21, 2009

• Here's my advice. Keep it platonic. The no kissing rule, I really like. Learn about his character. You can't assess that in two dates, even if they lasted all day. Time is your friend when it comes to choosing a man. Watch how he treats his mother, his sister, and his friends. Look at who his male hanging out friends are. Look at what they are into, and you will have a very good idea of what he does when he thinks no one is looking. Look at how he handles emergency situations. Look at how he handles his money. Look at what his family background is like. How he grew up will be a strong indicator of how willing he will be to commit and stay committed. Find out what he is looking for. Is he looking for a wife or just a shack-up? Is he patient? Short-fused? Kind and considerate or rude as all getout? If this is really love, it will stand the test of time and he will respect the boundaries that you draw for him.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 5:02 PM on May. 21, 2009