Cardio or weights?

Which should you do first? I have tried it both ways and haven't seen any results either way! Just wondering if you should do one before the other.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:42 PM on May. 21, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• You should do the cardio first to actually burn the fat. If you do weights first (and that's all you do), yeah you'll burn some fat but mostly build muscle, which will still be hidden by fat.....so I'd go with trimming the fat first, then build muscle later.
    Anonymous

• Try Success With Katie ...

www.trainerfoce.net/successwithkatie and you'll definitely start seeing results!
    momyov2

Answer by momyov2 at 8:09 PM on May. 21, 2009

• When you raise your heart rate up with cardio, your body burns sugar. That would come from your last meal, and what's immediately in your body. But then it goes straight to the muscle to get its energy to keep your heart rate up.

When you do strength training first (after a good 8-10 min. warmup), the body goes straight to fat to get its energy. That means you burn more fat doing strength training first. For 3 years I did cardio first b/c it made more sense to me (like the first poster stated.) I could not get the scale nor my inches to move like i thot it should. I would see a slight diff. but then it wouldn't go further.

When a prof. trainer told me to do 10 min. warmup, 30-40 min. tone/strength train, THEN 30 min. cardio, that's when I saw the complete turn around and i'm so proud of the shape i'm seeing. I have tone and definition in 3 mo. time and i'm losing fat inches.
    lifeasinoit

Answer by lifeasinoit at 8:35 PM on May. 21, 2009

• Honestly I do weights 4 days a week and one day of cardio.. and ts working pretty well.. building muscle is important since it burns more fat..
    miss_nevin

Answer by miss_nevin at 9:10 PM on May. 21, 2009

• Cardio if you are needing to burn fat (lose weight) and add in weights. I do weight training 3x wk in between cardio. Now that I'm going to the gym, I will alternate which body part I'lll weight train. Today was hips and thighs! :-)
    babycakes254

Answer by babycakes254 at 9:51 PM on May. 21, 2009

• I completely agree with lifeasinoit. I have been doing warm-up, weights and then cardio for the last two months and I am already seeing some amazing results.

sw33t_blond3

Answer by sw33t_blond3 at 3:56 AM on May. 22, 2009

• When you ladies say warm up, what exactly do you mean?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:05 AM on May. 22, 2009