• In the Spotlight:

Decorating my little girls bedroom

So we are moving and my daughter will have her own room! Yay!!! (She has been sharing a room with her little brother for over a year now...) I want to do something SUPER cute to her room but I cant spend mega bucks on it! Any websites that have cheaper cute things? I want to do a princess room, but not with the princess characters... I want the room to grow with her and be a girlie room, since she is SUPER girlie!!! Any suggestions, websites, ideas, opinions, etc.... All your help is SUPER appreciated!!!
Thanks!!!

sxc_mom_of2

Asked by sxc_mom_of2 at 5:11 PM on May. 21, 2009 in Just for Fun

• love target..get ideas from pottery barn.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 5:21 PM on May. 21, 2009

• The cutest room I've seen for a girl was done in chocolate brown and pink. The walls were painted brown on bottom half and pink on top half with bedding and curtains that were pink with white polka dots. TOO CUTE!

IMO this would last her for several years......the wall decorations and accessories could be changed as she grows.
    Dyndudes

Answer by Dyndudes at 5:34 PM on May. 21, 2009

• We painted my granddaughter's room in brown and pink! It is gorgeous!
    We didn't use chocolate brown, though, because the room is so small. We used a lighter brown that didn't look like tan. And the pink isn't too light, and yet, not dark like Pepto-Bismol. During the winter months I hung brown draperies in the window because it has a terrible draft, but for the summer I found pink and white curtains from Walmart that look so pretty!
    On her walls I hung what my 3 little girls used to have in their rooms - all white and pink wall accessories. She has a cherry colored crib and dark brown dresser.
    Brown and pink actually look very well together and a lot of different decoration ideas can be incorporated. There are stick-on's at Walmart that you can put on the walls, too.
    Have fun!
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 9:04 PM on May. 21, 2009

• i wanna buy her a french door for her bedroom door... and put drapes on it... in my mind it looks SUPER cute!!! The brown and pink is cute... but she doesnt like the idea.... she likes purple more... she wants purple and pink! Ugh!!! LOL
    sxc_mom_of2

Answer by sxc_mom_of2 at 10:02 PM on May. 21, 2009