can fever blisters spread to others "places".....

my husband is coming home from out of town on saturday and is beginning to get a fever blister on his lip... if he were to go "downstairs" on me would that cause me to have herpes down there??

i've heard that before but i want to know for sure...

Thanks!:)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:17 PM on May. 21, 2009 in Just for Fun

• yes,it can!
    TMJ121099

Answer by TMJ121099 at 5:26 PM on May. 21, 2009

• I think cold sores are from the herpes virus, not fever blisters......webmd or google it!
    ajguinn

Answer by ajguinn at 5:33 PM on May. 21, 2009

• Yes it can. keep him as far away from downstairs as possiable. I know that can be hard when hes coming back into town when hes been gone but you dont want to get that.
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 6:13 PM on May. 21, 2009

• By the way fever blister is just another name for coldsores. Most people dont know that so people call it that so it dosnt sound as bad.
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 6:15 PM on May. 21, 2009

• Yep, you can actually spread the herpes simplex virus anywhere on your body. I saw on THe Doctors last week this woman had them on her hands. She said they were very painful. I had never heard of that. Be careful..
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 8:17 PM on May. 21, 2009

• It may not but it certainly could. I for one don't think it is worth the risk. My bff was sexually assulted in high school and she has it down there, and from what I hear, it is NO fun.
    Anonymous

• Ask the doctor to call in an oral med. My DH gets them from time to time, and when he feels that first tingle, he asks for the med and it drys it up before it has a chance to rupture on his lip.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 10:06 PM on May. 21, 2009

• A fever blister is a cold sore which is Herpes Simplex 1 and they are contagious.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 12:09 AM on May. 22, 2009