how do you keep sane while when you are away from your baby??

i just had my baby keli and she is pre-mature so i have to wait till she breathes properly and starts gaining weight..so im asking everyone what they do to pass the time in this situation..

lanlan

Asked by lanlan at 5:22 PM on May. 21, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Keep myself busy, mostly by cleaning and cooking.
    lilbit837

Answer by lilbit837 at 5:29 PM on May. 21, 2009

• I've never been in your situation but I would imagine i'd be right next to her in the hospital and when I am not there, i'd be at home sleeping - good lucky mommy! that has to be very hard!
    Anonymous

• I have no idea. My son is leaving on Saturday to go to MO with my mother for 2 weeks to visit her. I don't know what I'm going to do. He is only 9 months old and this will be the first time since he was born that we will be apart.
    lilmomma090908

Answer by lilmomma090908 at 5:46 PM on May. 21, 2009

• I sat in the NICU all day every day and focused on pumping around the clock so that he could have breastmilk in his feeding tube. Just pumping for a premiee is enough to keep you busy, and ti feels good to know that you are doing something for your baby that no one else can do.
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 9:31 PM on May. 21, 2009