Do you think I should deliver my 5 month old to my mother

every time she wants to see him. My mother has been to my house to see Quintin one time since he was born. I have been to her house several times. She says I live to far (30 minute drive). She also has a driver so she wouldn't even have to drive. She always tells me how she did this she did that. I have no hired help b/c I want to take care of my baby. Oh not to mention when I had my c section (and I cant take pain pills) she did not come over to help at all knowing my husband had to work. So what do you think?

QuintinsMom520

Asked by QuintinsMom520 at 5:42 PM on May. 21, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• If it were that important to her she would come to you.

Maybe you could talk to her and take turns, you drive to her one time and next she comes to you, if she makes excuses then she does not see him?

Good luck!!
    Rebecca727

Answer by Rebecca727 at 5:46 PM on May. 21, 2009

• I took care of myself after my three sections, I greatly sympathize with you op!!! Suggest setting up a day for a visit and the day of the visit connect to see who goes where. I agree with Rebecca727 to a degree. Is she in a bit of poor health or older age that makes coming to you a discomfort physically?Make she just wants the ego trip of her neighbor hood and friends passing by and seeing dearest grandson visiting there. If this is the most difficult part of your relationship as a mother yourself I'd go to her. Grandmothers egos to see their adult children and grandchildren at the grandparents home is most strong. I know this from dealing with my own mother.
    Anonymous

• if she cannot be bothered to sit in a car for 30 minutes then it's not that important to her. you've got enough on your plate taking care of a baby, she can get off her behind and go to you.
    jcsmummy

Answer by jcsmummy at 6:02 PM on May. 21, 2009

• She is 61 and not in bad health at all. On mothers day she didn't want to meet me at my 98 year old grandmothers she wanted me to come to her house b/c it is more comfortable for her. But my 98 yr old grandmother couldn't go to her house. We planed one Sunday for she and my dad to come over I cooked and they canceled at the last minute. I would take turns but she wont come here.
    QuintinsMom520

Answer by QuintinsMom520 at 6:06 PM on May. 21, 2009

• I wouldn't. I usually take my duaghter over to my mom's for her to baby sit, not just for a visit. Why should she come pick up my daughter if it's really for me? but when she wants her, she'll come get her or sometimes we meet half way.
    Anonymous

• I'm not sure what to think exactly. I know that my own mother flew over 2000 miles to be with me and help me with my new baby....and I didn't even have a C-section. She stayed for two weeks and was such a tremendous help to me. I absolutely know that if she lived only 30 minutes away from me when she were alive that she would have come over all of the time to see my children. That's just the kind of Mom she was. BTW....my Mom came all of that way to see me and help me and she had lost a leg to diabetes, so it wasn't an easy trip for her by any means. I guess it's all about what's going on with your Mom. It does leave one to wonder though. Maybe you could chat with her about it and see if there is something more to it?
    Anonymous

• Maybe tell her the next time she asks to see him that the drive is to far you but she is more than welcome to come to your home. Or maybe try inviting her over saying I would love for you to see him but I have things to do here today.
    Liamsmom09

Answer by Liamsmom09 at 7:04 PM on May. 21, 2009