Sorry this is gross and wierd but i need to see if there is something i can do about it.

Ok so it goes from one extreme to the other. From being terribly constipated, to almost not being able to make it to the toilet it time. And it is always when i am at work like @ 9:00 in the morning. I usually just try to hold it until lunch time so i can run home, but latly that is impossible. And i hate going here in the office because the bathroom is right in the office and it is small and you can hear everything. So this morning i got lucky and when i went to check the mail, i stopped and went. My boss does not let me leave for a few minutes to go either. It inconvienent to him. But when i have to go, it hurts my stomach so bad and it feels like i can't wait.Is there anythign i can do to change the time of day i go? Can i give my self a suppository or something at night to make myself go? If i wern't pregnant, i just wouldn't eat so much, but that aint happening. Any suggestions.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:45 PM on May. 21, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Unfortunately, I don't think there is much to reschedule your pit stops. Just relax and remember that even if you're making noise, it's in the bathroom and that's nobody's business. Plus, your pregnant (which means you can "get away" with more things that people would normally think unusual or rude). You might try to notice what food triggers the problem though. Maybe the doc can schedule you some time with a nutritionist or something.
    sparrowprincess

Answer by sparrowprincess at 5:58 PM on May. 21, 2009

• You can try taking some type of fiber. My mom swears by Metamucil for the trots and for constipation.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 5:59 PM on May. 21, 2009

• not a darn thing you can do hon. I had the same problem and nothing works to arrange when you go. Your hormones are to blame and you cannto control that. As for going at work, relax, everyone has to use the bathroom so its not like peole will think something is wrong with you. You could ask your boss to install a white noise machine to cover the sounds since its right there int he office. But really, everyone has this issue at one time or another so try not to worry about it. he isnt going to let you run home to go to the bathroom, and honestly lol that sounds kinda silly.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 6:02 PM on May. 21, 2009

• I would also bring in a room spray so that you are not worried about the smell.
    Anonymous

• Ahhh....that's a tough one. Everyone says not to worry about it, that that's what bathrooms are for, but I can totally understand your dillema beacuse I'm the type that would avoid using a bathroom at all costs too. I've left work befoer for the same reason. I just can't help it...I've been incredibly embarrassed all my life over stuff like that. I would recommend taking Dannon Activia. It regulates your digestive system so that it'll help with the constipation and your poops should be more consistent. My friend eats it, and said it helps a lot. I hope your problem gets better soon. :)
    StefanieN84

Answer by StefanieN84 at 6:32 PM on May. 21, 2009

• Ahh, the joys of pregnancy. I don't miss it.

http://www.whattoexpect.com/pregnancy/symptoms-and-solutions/constipation.aspx

http://www.whattoexpect.com/pregnancy/symptoms-and-solutions/pregnancy-diarrhea.aspx
    Anonymous