how often go out to a restaurant?, and how much do you spend?

We got out about once a month. I don't mean Mcdonalds. I mean a real, sit down type of place. Our bill is most of the time $30 for a family of four. I can make our dinners for about $10.00 each night. It;s just WAY too much to go out to eat too often.

Pinkmommy2

Asked by Pinkmommy2 at 6:00 PM on May. 21, 2009 in Food & Drink

• When the kids dad is working, I usually look for the "Freebies" or 2/for deals. In the past two months we ate at El Pollo Loco for six bucks which included 8 pieces of chicken, caramel flan and three drinks. IHOP had the free pancake day, and dennys had their grand slam breakfast. lol.

When it comes to all of us going out...we usually hit appelebees. not too bad as far as the bills go, because we split dinners between the twins and my daughter so two entrees can feed all three kids. Not to mention they nibble on whatever we are eating too on occasion.

On mother's day we went to the rio and I can't believe he spent 150 bucks on a seafood buffet for the five of us.(not braggin here, I told him he was nuts). We were suppose to go to the carnival buffet but he didn't want to walk back to the other side of the casino. LOLLLLL So that was the most expensive dinner we've ever had as a family. Applebee's was 39 bucks.
    CinderAmethyst

Answer by CinderAmethyst at 2:47 PM on May. 22, 2009

• Once a week. $20-$30 for the two of us.
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 6:08 PM on May. 21, 2009

• We probably do a sit-down meal out at least once a week and spend between $30 and $40 depending on where we go. We have a family of 5, with two of them being toddlers.
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 6:10 PM on May. 21, 2009

• Once a month maybe, and spend about $30 for a family of three.
    isamari

Answer by isamari at 7:16 PM on May. 21, 2009

• We never eat fast food. We go out for frozen custard about once a month and to a neighborhood restaurant about once a month; we budget $50/month for eating out.

Answer by rkoloms at 8:14 PM on May. 21, 2009

• Holy, Holy, Holy Rkoloms. She did not ask about fast food.
    Anonymous

• Once every 3 weeks. We spend around 25.00. Now when we go to San Antonio we will splurge on Pappadeaux and spend about 40.00.
    texasgurl33

Answer by texasgurl33 at 8:49 PM on May. 21, 2009

• Depends on who's night it is. Sometimes we go a couple of weeks without going out. Other weeks we will go out every day for for days. We usually spend about $150 for a family of 5.
    Chrissy629

Answer by Chrissy629 at 10:43 PM on May. 21, 2009

• It depends - some months it can be 4-5 times; others it can me 1-2 times but on average we spend about 30-40 dollars + tip.

Earlier this month we were in Disney for the first two weeks of the month so you figure 14 dinners on average for my family of 4 at 100 bucks +tip a night + 1,680.
    Ladybugkisses76

Answer by Ladybugkisses76 at 9:09 AM on May. 22, 2009

• *I meant to say =1,680 not +1680.*
    Ladybugkisses76

Answer by Ladybugkisses76 at 9:10 AM on May. 22, 2009