Does anyone know anything about the order of the Eastern Star?

I know somone who is looking to join the Eastern Star and I have heard alot of mixed information about this group. From it's links with cult activity to the good deeds the group does and I'm wondering if anyone can give me some insight or information about this group.

mommaleah4

Asked by mommaleah4 at 6:04 PM on May. 21, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Here's a few links....

Freemasons and Eastern Stars and the teachings are not compatible with Christianity.

www.christring.org/shortseries/freemasonry.htm
    http://www.ephesians5-11.org/tracts.htm
    Anonymous

• Here is a link to a website done BY Eastern Stars. It should help understand them a bit better.
    http://www.easternstar.org/aboutoes.htm
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 6:44 PM on May. 21, 2009

• My grandmother is in Eastern Star and I promise you, she is far from being involved in any cult activities! LOL
    ozarkgirl3

Answer by ozarkgirl3 at 6:53 PM on May. 21, 2009

• My grandmother was an Eastern Star. She always wore her pin and it was very important to her.
    fireball1978

Answer by fireball1978 at 9:28 PM on May. 21, 2009

• If you are a Christian .. I encourage you to really pray about it. If not... its your choice but I still would not encourage anyone to get involved. Do the research is all I can advise you.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 10:29 PM on May. 21, 2009

• Ditto to shaneagle.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 10:42 AM on May. 22, 2009

• I am an Eastern Star, as well as my mother and my grandmother. I know most people on here do not consider me to be a good representation of the Christian faith, but I can guarantee that my mom and grandma are. It is a fantastic organization that gives support to numerous charities. The teachings of the organization are all Biblical, there is nothing evil, "Satanic" or cult-like about it. Just a bunch of old people who like to have a good time and help others.
    Groovy-flor

Answer by Groovy-flor at 2:35 PM on Jun. 29, 2009