Has anyone had the Rhogam injection?

I'm 24w and 3d. June 15th I go to get my Rhogam injection because my blood type is A-. I was wondering if anyone else has gotten the injection? Does it hurt? Where do they inject it? And how did you feel afterward? Thanks!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:15 PM on May. 21, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I am A- and I had to have the shot all 3 times. It does burn a little and they give it in the hip/butt. It's really not that bad and you have to have it, to protect you and the baby. When you have the baby, the hospital should type the baby and if the baby is negative also then you won't have to have a 2nd shot. All my kids are A-. Good Luck !!

Cindy18

Answer by Cindy18 at 6:24 PM on May. 21, 2009

• Above is correct. I agree that it stings a little bit. It is better than a penicillin injection by far! My daughter is O+ and I am O- so I had to have it twice, but I was so hoped up on morphine from my c-section I don't remember getting the second one. : )
    2-1CavWife

Answer by 2-1CavWife at 6:34 PM on May. 21, 2009

• It hurts a lil man i got in my butt and i couldnt walk lol
    Anonymous

• Me! I have A- blood as well :D

It didn't hurt too bad to me. They stuck it in my right hip, more towards my butt than my stomach. It was a little sore later that night but it wasn't that big of a deal.

My daughter has A+ blood, so I had to get another shot after I delivered her. That wasn't bad either, by that point NOTHING could scare me, LOL!
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 7:00 PM on May. 21, 2009

• i got the shot it didnt hurt me but i got an epidural and that is a way bigger needle i guess i have tolerence for pain
    zoeysmommy09

Answer by zoeysmommy09 at 7:09 PM on May. 21, 2009

• i just got my 1st of the series today, it really depends on your nurse, i had to get the shot when i was preg with my dd & that nurse didn't hurt, but with this pregnancy, i have a different nurse & she didn't do a good job LOL
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 7:37 PM on May. 21, 2009

• They inject it in your arm usually. And it just feels like a regular shot. No biggy...
    mrsbvader

Answer by mrsbvader at 10:03 PM on May. 21, 2009

• I had that shot too, i had one early, i went to the ER becuz of bleeding and they found that im Rh- so i had it and they gave it to me in my arm and i didnt feel anything, then i had it again around 28 weeks and they gave me it in my butt and that didnt hurt either..so i guess it jus depends on your pain tolerance.
    MaciesMommy09

Answer by MaciesMommy09 at 2:31 AM on May. 22, 2009