Your experinces with HPV - high risk

Hi
I haven't writen on here for a while. Wow!
I wanted to hear your personal experiences with any kind of HPV.
Is it treatable? Curable?
After your treatment did you conceived?
Was it hard?
What do I need to know?
I am having a culture done on June 3rd.
Midwife says I M high risk but curable-treatable.
I am a little scared.
Can you tell me anything? To bring positivity attitude up?

Accord_Orlando

Asked by Accord_Orlando at 6:17 PM on May. 21, 2009 in Health

• My sis-in-law had it. She was on medicine for it and hers was curable. They did tell her if she wouldn't have got it checked out, later on she might not be able to have children. It can cause cancer down there, and warts too.
    Anonymous

• I looked this up this morning because I got a call from my Dr yesterday and they have to do a colposcopy and possible biopsy(my 6 week post partum pap came back abnormal) and one of the reasons is possible HPV. I had normal results in the beginning of my pregnancy but I read that you can have it and it not be detected for some time. There are over 100 different kinds. I just went to ask.com and typed it in and hpv.com is like a fact sheet. Wish I knew more, but hope this helps a little.
    MadisonsMom0408

Answer by MadisonsMom0408 at 6:35 PM on May. 21, 2009

• It's treatable, I'm not so sure it's curable, but the virus can go dormant and never bother you again. I had multiple biopsies and colposcopies and went on to conceive and give birth vaginally 3 times. HPV, if left untreated, can escalate into cervical cancer, but I was assured by my doctor that it takes some time to get from having the virus to cancer status. Once you are treated, you'll have a Pap every six months until you get 2 or more consecutive "clear" results.
    michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 7:21 PM on May. 21, 2009

• I just noticed the word "midwife" and it hit me...duh. Are you pregnant? If you are I am not sure that the doctor will treat your abnormal areas. He/she will probably choose to wait until after the baby is born. I've had abnormal readings during one of my pregnancies and the doctor didn't want to biopsy me until after the birth.
    michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 10:29 PM on May. 22, 2009

• Yes I use a midwife because I can feel more comfortable in ways on how they communicate with me.
    When I had my blood work done at a dr office, I for my results and went in to talk to someone. The dude who claimed to be a dr was an aprn and I wasn't pleased. He said I had herpes type 1 and 2 and just left without further explaination. I cried my ass off and went to my midwife and she said I was exposed and not positive for it. Plus they have been good to me since I went to them in 2002.
    Accord_Orlando

Answer by Accord_Orlando at 5:06 AM on May. 23, 2009

• One more thing: I wish i was pregnant but I had my period last night. :(
    Accord_Orlando

Answer by Accord_Orlando at 5:09 AM on May. 23, 2009