When my friend and her dh fight................

everytime my friend and her dh fight, he sais the same thing "get out of my house" WTF??? how would you react to that nonsense?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:23 PM on May. 21, 2009 in Relationships

• It would depend.. if the house was in my name.. I'd laugh, call the police, and he'd have his 30 day eviction notice :). lol. Otherwise, I'd be packing my shit up and say, "see ya"... a man that acts like that ain't worthy of me anyways :).

I've dealt with a lot in relationships, but thankfully, this situation isn't one of them.

As to how to you talk to your friend about it... tell her your door is always open (if that is possible) or find another door for her... so when he does it again, she has a place to go to. Sometimes that's all a girl needs to get out of a relationship like that.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 10:56 PM on May. 21, 2009

• My husband and I use to argue ugly and his thing was always "let's get divorced" or "I am moving out". It just seems like with men when things get tough they always take the easy way out. It's not healthy and we finally got that through our heads. I didn't want to have an unstable relationship like that..wondering if he was going to be there when I got home. I feel bad for your friend, they should seek some type of help, specially him.
    LuvmyFam6

Answer by LuvmyFam6 at 6:27 PM on May. 21, 2009

• "Oddly enough, the courts would view it as OUR house.......and you know where the doors are. Why don't YOU find one?"

Of course, my hubby and I wouldn't ever say it was anything but OUR house because we have busted our butts together to make it nice. :)

It is questions like this that make me SO VERY THANKFUL that I have a hubby who respects me and respects our marriage enough to never say something so crappy. Maybe she needs to keep the house and get rid of the husband???
    Foster_Mom

Answer by Foster_Mom at 6:29 PM on May. 21, 2009

• NO it is NOT THEIR house if he had the house prior to marriage. It is HIS house unless he puts her on the deed. My dd had a problem like that and she had herself put on the deed to shut his mouth up. They ended up living in separate rooms and all is well now. In the case of your friend, if they bought it together then it's their house. How would I react? I'd be leaving. I don't stay where I'm not wanted. Let his sorry ass clean HIS house then

Answer by admckenzie at 7:37 PM on May. 21, 2009

• My DH used to say that. I figured out that he got it from his previous marriage. They used to scream that at each other. Well she used to say that to him. So when DH and I first met any argument we had ended in that. So anyway I ended up telling him each time he said that...that we can argue all we wanted. Arguing was normal BUT we were supposed to be together forever and if you keep saying that to each other you won't be. So I finally got it through his head that it wasn't nice and was cruel. Actually I had to yell it at him BEFORE he yelled it at me just to show him how it felt to have someone say something like to you. Eventually he understood and I haven't heard him say that in years.
    SandraRh

Answer by SandraRh at 8:29 PM on May. 21, 2009

• My hubby never said to get out of his house....but in our first year of marriage he said that he should just get a divorce....twice he said this. The second time I told him that if he ever threw that phrase out there again just because he was angry....a divorce would be exactly what he would receive. I told him this very calmly and with all sincerity. He never ever said that again and learned how to talk about his problems and we are now married 12 years.

If my hubby told me to get out of 'his' house....sure, I would go. I don't want to be where I am not wanted. However, we would allow the courts to decide what really belongs to whom and I assure you that my portion of the equity of the home would indeed be mine.
    Anonymous

• I'd tell him fine, give me 2 days. Then go buy my own house separate from him.
    Chrissy629

Answer by Chrissy629 at 10:22 PM on May. 21, 2009

• If he says it over and over I'd tell him okay, pack up the kids and stay at a friends house for a few days...
    alinker

Answer by alinker at 11:58 PM on May. 21, 2009