Swollen foot?

I know that slight swelling is normal during pregnancy, but have any of you only had one swollen foot? My left foot is much bigger than my right. I'm 29 1/2 weeks, and it's a really hot/humid day today. Just wondering if swelling on one side is common, and if any of you have any tips for relief. I'm thinking about giving them a soak in cool water. Thanks!

lb304

Asked by lb304 at 6:26 PM on May. 21, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Usually my left foot is more swollen than my right. I'm 31 weeks tomorrow. I sleep with my feet propped up. Last night was the worst, I went to visit my dad and took off my sandles and could hardly get them back on. At home I froze 2 wash clothes and put them on my feet when I went to bed. Make sure to drink plenty of fluids. Otherwise I don't know what to tell you, I see my midwife tomorrow and I'm going to ask about it.
    jombmomi

Answer by jombmomi at 6:40 PM on May. 21, 2009

• Normal swelling should be nearly equal bilaterally (both sides). If you have a measuring tape, please do measure making sure to measure at the same part of both legs in several different areas (at the knee, mid-calf, 2 inches above the ankle). Keep track of these measurements and please do consult some medical attention, taking the measurements with you. Could be something, could be nothing, but for the most part general fluid swelling should be fairly equal on both sides of the body.
    Anonymous