What is the hardest part of labor?

Cassie14

Asked by Cassie14 at 6:32 PM on May. 21, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Pushing the baby out for me was the hardest and I ended up sectioned. Baby didn't move at all.
    Anonymous

• Hardest part for me was trqansition, but that was also the quickest. Just make sure you have supportive people in the room that can keep encouraging you and telling you what a good job you are doing. It sounds simple, but those simple words will mean the world to you when you are in labor.
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 6:37 PM on May. 21, 2009

• Now that I look back, pregnancy and labor were simple. My hardest part was taking care of a newborn baby who cried all the time, never slept, leaving me totally sleep deprived for 4 months! Labor was a piece of cake, ha ha! Good luck!
    Lifeizgud

Answer by Lifeizgud at 6:37 PM on May. 21, 2009

• Labor was the hardest for me. Pushing was the easiest. I had a natural and drug free birth though so maybe it's different with drugs lol
    vicki136

Answer by vicki136 at 6:38 PM on May. 21, 2009

• After my water broke with all three. I actually progressed very quickly after my water was broken. I went from a 6cm to delivering them within an hour with the first two. With the third I was 8cm when they broke my water and he was born 20 minutes later.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 6:41 PM on May. 21, 2009

• No food! God I was so hungry. I ate a very small breakfast like they tell you to, at like 6 am on a Wendsday morning, was at the hospital by 8:00 a.m. . Hooked up to the Pitocin by 9:00 a.m. , and was contracting by noon, then I labored for another 40 hours before they did a c-section at about 1 a.m on Friday. I was able to eat broth at 12:00 p.m. that day, but no solids until Saturday. I went like three days with no food! It was horrible! lol
    2-1CavWife

Answer by 2-1CavWife at 6:49 PM on May. 21, 2009

• Haha, I agree with no food! But seriously, the hardest part of labor wasn't the contractions (I thought it was until later), but it was squeezing her head out. To me, it hurt worse than all of the contractions!
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 6:57 PM on May. 21, 2009

• I was in labor for 35 hours, so during that time was the hardest for me. Pushing lasted 15 minutes and was easy!
    Anonymous

• The labor part . I had back pain so bad that I couldn't stay in bed, I even gave birth sitting rather than laying down. Pushing was a breeze and actually was not all that painful. It was a tad painful when I tore, but pushing was great.
    YzmaRocks

Answer by YzmaRocks at 7:10 PM on May. 21, 2009

• ALL OF IT! Seriously...contractions are bad and then it turns into dilation and then it turns into crowning and then pushing and then possibly c-section surgery....seriously...it just progressively gets harder and then you look at your baby and realize that it was all worth it.
    Lisa817

Answer by Lisa817 at 7:17 PM on May. 21, 2009