What are some recent accomplishments of your children that you are so *$(*#*(@#( PROUD OF??

My child who struggled years ago in school is maintaining good grades. I had and have faith!!!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:46 PM on May. 21, 2009 in General Parenting

• My two year old son learned my husband's and my real names. I'm working on teaching him our last name next.
    timelessglass

Answer by timelessglass at 6:47 PM on May. 21, 2009

• My 17 month old has great vocabulary. She can say multi-syllable words already. Sandwich, Backpack, Transcendentalism. Okay, just fooling on that last one, lmao.
    2-1CavWife

Answer by 2-1CavWife at 6:59 PM on May. 21, 2009

• The Boy has been invited to make a decorated bra as part of a fundraiser for Susan G. Komen. He's eight; the youngest person ever to be chosen for this project.
    Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 7:07 PM on May. 21, 2009

• My older son has mastered the toaster, (he's 8 almost 9) and figured out how to replace garbage bags in trash cans.Might not sound glamorus but he's special needs and it's a big step for him.
    My younger son has mastered knowing when the doggie wants to play and wants out. We had a few accidents cause he thought she was wanting to play but needed to go out. He's 5. He also learned "next time won't you sing wif (with) meeeee (me)" of the alphabet song....it's a start.
    Tygermommanikki

Answer by Tygermommanikki at 7:07 PM on May. 21, 2009

• My 5 year old just received a perfect score at his kindergarten evaluation.

My 3 year old is now sounding out words and blending the sounds to KNOW the words and ASKS for HIM to be allowed to read!

My 2 year old is finally cooperating with his speech therapist!
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 7:11 PM on May. 21, 2009

• My daughter (2yo) picked her nose with a tissue today instead of cramming her entire finger up there.
    apexmommy

Answer by apexmommy at 7:18 PM on May. 21, 2009

• lol apexmommy, my daughter, who is 2, still dosen't do that haha she'll dig 'em out & eat 'em unless i get to her first...
    anyways, my little girl never ceases to amaze me, she's just really smart & i'm proud of everything she does.. oh there is one thing that stands out though, she goes potty by herself (i still have to wipe her though)
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 7:27 PM on May. 21, 2009

• They are all amazing but I would have to give extra kudos to my 6 y/o DS. He started off this school year behind (due to the horrible school district we were in before we moved) & the teacher thought he would never learn enough to be passed to second grade. He is now reading at grade level, is helping the other students with their math, & there is absolutely no question about him being held back. He is going to second grade in August. My little man is also in speech therapy & can actually say his sister's names now. He couldn't say L sounds properly & his sisters are Julie, Kylee, & Lydia!!
    funnyface1204

Answer by funnyface1204 at 7:59 PM on May. 21, 2009

• Hey, theres nothing wrong with moms bragging a bit.......Me next....My 14 yr old has made A's in her Honors classes and was chosen for the Youth Leadership Progam. Its a 3 day program in DC in the fall that pertains to her career interests. Shes not going but just the fact that she was invited is cool. My 11 yr old exceeded 3 subjects on her state standarized tests and came within a few points of exceeding the other 2. My 7 yr old exceeded ALL 3 of his subjects and scored over 900 on two of them. 850 is exceeding. My 3 yr old has learned to ride a bike with no hands...no brakes either....LOL This kids gonna be jumping ramps in the next 6 mos...*sigh*
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 8:04 PM on May. 21, 2009

• My 2 year old is potty trained!!!!!!!!!!!!! Also he talks so well that there is not question as to what he is saying, he's independant, c an count to 3 know "ABCD" He can do so much and I just love him
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 8:17 PM on May. 21, 2009