Does your cat have the attitude that she/he owns the house,and your'e just there to cater to their every whim?

We adopted our beautiful yellow tabby from the Humane Society. Since she's tiger-striped, my husband named her Princess Tiger Lilly,and BOY! Does she ever live up to that name! LOL. She totally believes she's in charge of the house,and we are just her minions,here to cater to her every whim,which of course,we jump,and do! LOL. Is your cat that way, or are we just "blessed?" FYI-We truly are blessed,she's also the sweetest cat in the world, very loving, quiet, keeps to herself, never causes a problem,but when she wants something, she gets it, or she won't leave us alone! She's a real character,and we are so glad to have her as part of our family!

stvmen88

Asked by stvmen88 at 6:47 PM on May. 21, 2009 in Pets

• All kitties are like this, even boy kitties. My mother has a kitty named Thomas. We call him Saint Thomas Aquinas. Then our DLH kitty named Errol Flynn. My husband and I are convinced that he is French. My hubby does his commentary all the time, " Stup-ed Dog" or "You can not catch the kittyy." Of course in a french accent. He is very proper. lol
    2-1CavWife

Answer by 2-1CavWife at 6:56 PM on May. 21, 2009

• both of my cats are rescues and so are both of my dogs....kudos to you for rescuing. In response to your question....my female calico apparently DOES own the whole house...she swats and beats up the dogs (pitbulls) and constantly starts crap with the other cat...if she wants to sit on your lap, then she WILL....I think most cats are like that. although, my boy could really care less about anything...he just kinda keeps to himself...but boy, if the female doens't get what she wants, then she's a serious bitch and has actually climed up my leg...and yes, she has all her claws, so it hurt :)
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 8:30 PM on May. 21, 2009

• Haha, calliesmommie, that's funny. My female tortoiseshell beats up our male pit bull too; he's terrified of her! But he gets along great with our other two cats, and they love him.
    Asking if cats think they own the house is like asking if the grass is green. The answer, of course, is YES! All of our cats have us trained; they want to be fed at 5am? Ok, they get up on furniture that they KNOW they're not allowed on, and start crying. We, of course, get up to feed them. They want to try some of our food? We have to let them or they won't leave us alone! But cats are great :)
    SarahLeeMorgan

Answer by SarahLeeMorgan at 9:15 PM on May. 21, 2009

• Does your cat have the attitude that she/he owns the house,and your'e just there to cater to their every whim?

What? You mean she doesn't own my world???? I'm shocked, just shocked! But after all she is so kind--she even allows me to make the house payment and pay all the bills.
    pagan_mama

Answer by pagan_mama at 10:59 AM on May. 22, 2009

• Like the saying goes: Dogs have owners, Cats have staff.
    Keksie

Answer by Keksie at 1:49 PM on May. 22, 2009

• My male cat Earl likes to beg for EVERYTHING(he's worse than my dog!) while my two female cats Gizmo and Skitzo just sit back and watch, he's their bitch.
    They beat him up when he doesn't do what they want him to.

I love my kitties =]
    LadyJayne27

Answer by LadyJayne27 at 12:14 PM on May. 24, 2009

• lol sounds like my Murray!
    Kelly0928

Answer by Kelly0928 at 1:53 AM on Jun. 24, 2009