What do you do when every dr you have been to still hasnt figured out whats wrong with your baby?

My daughter turned 10 months old on the 9th and weighs ( as of the 18th) 12lbs 7oz and is almost 26inches long. They have tested her for CF, all types of blood disorders, we have seen 5 different docters and still nothing. I am so tired of going to get all these test run. I feel so bad for her because each time they take so much blood and they use her arm veins except last time because they blew both veins so they used her hand. I just am at a lose i dont know what to do anymore and i dont think that i can keep watching her suffer like this.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:48 PM on May. 21, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• dont go to pedis go to childrens hospitals
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 6:49 PM on May. 21, 2009

• Mrs.Owen86 is right. And google different children's hospitals, Johns Hopkins, CHOP of Philadelphia: they might have set ups where by either other doctors not associated with either of their hospitals can send records for review to see if patient could benefit under that hospital's care.
    Anonymous

• I amso sorry, do they keep just changin gher Dr or are you going to different specialists. I would be throwing a pure fit to the hospitals, maybe even call a few pediatric wards of hospitals and get the names of some specialists yourself. Sorry you are having to watch your baby go through all this, good luck.
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 6:52 PM on May. 21, 2009

• Maybe see someone who specializes in pediatric nutrition? Could be "failure to thrive".
    Anonymous

• Try looking online at somethings. I watch a show called mistery diagnosis you wouln't belive how long it takes for some people to find out whats wrong. Check it out if you want.
    But also i would go to children hospitals.
    Cassie14

Answer by Cassie14 at 6:52 PM on May. 21, 2009

• Johns Hopkins has parts that either a doctor or a patient's family can ask for patient's records to be reviewed. I don't know which divisions and I don't know cost if a doctor to doctor does it and I don't know cost if patient's family asks for records review. But I know some parts of Johns Hopkins does this - google Johns Hopkins Hospital, Baltimore MD. I've been tons of times to Philly too for CHOP. maybe try there too? Sorry for your stress and baby's discomfort!!!! Prayers for you!!
    Anonymous

• I would need more information. My DD was 12lbs at 1 yr old and at 2.5 years old she is 19lbs and 31 inches. She is healthy. Everyone in my family is really tiny so I'm not worried about her.
    MoonLover06

Answer by MoonLover06 at 7:30 PM on May. 21, 2009

• Like MoonLover06 said, is she just tiny, or is she sick? Is she making diapers & reaching milestones?

carlye828

Answer by carlye828 at 7:37 PM on May. 21, 2009

• I'm curious if one of the doctors you've seen was an allergist and what testing they did?
    Arisce

Answer by Arisce at 11:45 PM on May. 21, 2009