Would you let your kids tortue a frog?

We are swim practice and 2 boys were pushing around a frog with a stick. He was on his back. They pushed him into the pool. It made me so sad. I would never let my son do that.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:48 PM on May. 21, 2009 in General Parenting

• Oh hell no, I would be all over my boys if they did something like that.
    Anonymous

• OMG no! I wouldn't let them torture any animal.
    2-1CavWife

Answer by 2-1CavWife at 6:50 PM on May. 21, 2009

• That kind of behavior is a sign of a sociopath. I wouldn't let my child do it and if he did I would get a therapist.
    Anonymous

• Not unless your idea of torture is providing said frog with a palace of a tank to live in and gourmet Cricket Pak assortments to nom on. Bob Frog is very much a member of the family here. My kids are total bleeding hearts; they found Bob swimming in the pool and whisked him away to be catered to and pampered; they don't treat ME this well!
    Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 7:04 PM on May. 21, 2009

• I guess I shouldn't tell you about my grandson who took an ink pen and stabbed a frog and ripped him open to see his insides! Sociopath or Scientist? They do that in Biology class but use sharper instruments so how can we judge if they are sociopaths or just curious about nature? Of course if he starts on humans we'll either have to stop him or send him to medical school! We thought about changing his name to Jeffrey Dahmer but he didn't find that funny. LOL

Answer by admckenzie at 7:06 PM on May. 21, 2009

• Ewww they say boys will be boys but that's just gross and mean.
    Tygermommanikki

Answer by Tygermommanikki at 7:09 PM on May. 21, 2009

• I would not be proud if my child stabbed a frog with an ink pen, nor would I dismiss it as scientific behavior. It's cruelty to animals. In science class, the frogs are already dead. They don't stab them to death. No, my children aren't allowed to do anything like that.
    apexmommy

Answer by apexmommy at 7:22 PM on May. 21, 2009

really? my brother used to strap firecrackers to frogs when we were little & he turned out fine, i personally didn't like it b/c i wanted to save them from him but what can you do..? kids will be kids
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 7:24 PM on May. 21, 2009

• So do we get a therapist for every boy who has ever killed a bug, a frog or some other amphibian? This is what boys do. YOu can tell if its mean cruel behavior thats untamed vs just a boy being curious. Theres a big difference. Frogs and bugs are one thing, if they were to begin torturing kittens or something then you have a problem. Boys are just like that.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 7:48 PM on May. 21, 2009

• I can say with confidence that the parents of these boys probably believe that "boys will be boys." I believe that "sociopaths will be sociopaths." I would never let my child do that.
    PROGENITOR

Answer by PROGENITOR at 8:06 PM on May. 21, 2009