I am getting positive and negative pregnancy test results....what gives? (pioc)

I have taken SOOOOo many tests this week, during the afternoon and morning, and I am getting crazy readings.

Equate- neg & neg
Early Result Equate- very faint pos, very faint pos, & neg
First Response- neg & neg

What's the deal? How can I get a false positive? The positives came with afternoon urine, and every thing else was first morning. So what's right and what's wrong? I'm sick of pee tests...

I don't currently have insurance, so I can't afford to order a blood test. And I thought about going to the health department and getting a free urine test, but they use pee sticks too.......

Asked by srhmldndo at 6:59 PM on May. 21, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Most tests test for different amount of the hcg hormone. Try a different brand.

Answer by boizmom at 7:27 PM on May. 21, 2009

• Are you looking at them after the correct amount of time? That's the only thing I can think of...

Answer by sparrowprincess at 7:02 PM on May. 21, 2009

• how long before you checked with the pos?

Answer by BIMOM21 at 7:03 PM on May. 21, 2009

• I checked them all within the time limits. They were all 3 minute tests.

Answer by srhmldndo at 7:04 PM on May. 21, 2009

• Personally, I would head to the free clinic. Tell the nurse there that you have taken several tests & aren't sure what's happening. Yeah, it is pretty much the same test but you will have a nurse right with you & she will make sure the time is absolutely correct & that the test is as accurate as possible. If only the early test is showing as positive, you might be testing too early with the other tests.

Answer by funnyface1204 at 7:45 PM on May. 21, 2009

• yeah I would do whatever clinic just to find out....or you can get the Clearblue Easy...that one spells it out. thats the one I used....good luck

Answer by calliesmommie at 8:35 PM on May. 21, 2009