Long distance relationships...any tips?

I live in FL, he lives in AL. I don't know how long we will be long distance, it might be a while. He has a good job and bought his house, and I also have a good job and built my house. Right now, he has no computer, so the phone is all we have to work with. Plus, he works nights and I work days, and I have kids, so we can only talk at night, before he goes to work and before I go to bed. Any tips on how to make it work?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:08 PM on May. 21, 2009 in Relationships

• Communication is the key. Make time for each other and time to talk. Trust each other until given a reason not to trust one another. I've made my marriage work 3 times while my husband spent over a year at a time in Iraq. It is possible if you both want it.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 7:10 PM on May. 21, 2009

• sounds like heaven to me as it is!

Answer by admckenzie at 7:28 PM on May. 21, 2009

• Have plenty of free long distance time and talk as much and as often as you can. Good luck! I was apart from my fiance for a school year. We talked for hours on the phone when we could, and visited when we could.

Answer by Bmat at 8:31 PM on May. 21, 2009

• OP here. admckenzie, lol, I know. I actually kind of like it, b/c I don't feel like I have to choose between spending time with him or spending time with my kids. It's just that I've known him a long time, too, and I know he won't be happy like this forever. Eventually, he's going to want us together. But I have to cross that bridge when I get to it, b/c I already know that is going to get complicated.
    Anonymous

• SORRY TO BURST YOUR BUBBLE BUT SPEAKING FROM EXPERIENCE THESE RELATIONSHIPS DON'T USUALLY WORK.

Answer by older at 8:33 PM on May. 21, 2009

• First of buy a toy! you can't do it if you sexually frustrated. Have a date night on the phone! Tell him if he gets a computer and web cam you'll have a lil' play time. Do whatever it takes to bring him close to you. Make him want you and miss you! But make sure you are happy to! He needs to make arrangments to do these things at least ,if he wants this relationship to go anywhere! This should show you how serious he is or if he is only wasting your time!
    AlyConMom

Answer by AlyConMom at 8:54 PM on May. 21, 2009

• I agree with older
    Anonymous

• Get off the computer and find a man in the real world without so many excuses for not being with you.
    Chrissy629

Answer by Chrissy629 at 10:20 PM on May. 21, 2009

• Use Skype to talk to each other. It's 100% free.

http://www.skype.com/

LuvBug3

Answer by LuvBug3 at 10:32 PM on May. 21, 2009

• OP, I met my husband online. He lived in Idaho and I lived (still do) in New Mexico. We had a long distance relationship for about a year and then he moved here. We have been married for close to 7 years.
    LuvBug3

Answer by LuvBug3 at 10:35 PM on May. 21, 2009