How can I foster IQ development in my 2 year old?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:34 AM on Jun. 21, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Interact personally with your child. No toy(be itself) or video will do it for you. Also, have play dates, social interaction is very important for development. Also, keep track of the milestones and consult your ped with any concerns. I learned all of this through trial and error with my first son. (mostly error)
    kimmie10575

Answer by kimmie10575 at 2:31 PM on Jun. 21, 2008

• Absolutely. The personal time between parents and child is key. Also, what you choose to teach the baby has an affect. Studies have shown (and my experience has borne out) that teaching music makes the kids so bright. We spent a lot of time teaching my children about music, exposing them to it, providing them with instruments to play, teching them to read music as a baby (through a DVD for kids ages 1-4 called Trebellina). Believe it or not, physical activity also is connected to brain development -- so don't be couch potatoes!
    Anonymous

• let him listen to classical music.
    stefanierios

Answer by stefanierios at 7:37 PM on Jun. 24, 2008