Sharp Head Pain

Today I was sitting at the computer when out of nowhere my vision blurred, I got dizzy and felt like I was going to pass out, and got a sharp pain in the left side of my head that lasted about 5 seconds. I also felt really weak and my head felt heavy and I don't even know how to describe it....liquidy. Is this cause for concern or just a migraine?

MiSSHiSCAMP0S

Asked by MiSSHiSCAMP0S at 7:59 PM on May. 21, 2009 in Health

• It does sound like migraine. Stick your tongue out, does it curl to one side? When you lift both arms in front of you are they even? Can you speak?
    The American Stroke Foundations says if you have one or more of these symptoms to dial 911:
    * Sudden numbness or weakness of the face, arm or leg, especially on one side of the body
    * Sudden confusion, trouble speaking or understanding
    * Sudden trouble seeing in one or both eyes
    * Sudden trouble walking, dizziness, loss of balance or coordination
    * Sudden, severe headache with no known cause

Answer by Bmat at 8:04 PM on May. 21, 2009

• Even if it is a migraine, then since it is the first time this has happened to you, you need to see a doctor right away, just in case. I'd suggest an urgent care center at least and probably the ER, just in case.

The tongue thing, by the way and the arm thing are also stroke indicators.

Answer by Bmat at 8:05 PM on May. 21, 2009

• The more I think about it, the more I urge you to go immediately for help. If it should be a stroke, quick treatment could mean a better recovery. If it isn't then what have you lost.

Answer by Bmat at 8:07 PM on May. 21, 2009

• Hey I'm alright it hasnt happened again but if it does I am gonna go to the ER
    MiSSHiSCAMP0S

Answer by MiSSHiSCAMP0S at 11:46 PM on May. 22, 2009