My sweet baby woke up screaming and crying. He never cries so

this was strange. Do you think he had a bad dream? it doesn't seem like anything is wrong. It took him a while to eat he was so upset. And now he is back asleep. what do you think?

QuintinsMom520

Asked by QuintinsMom520 at 8:10 PM on May. 21, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Could have been a bad dream, or maybe his arm or something fell asleep, or something like that. You may never know, but at least he went back to sleep for you.
    Anonymous

• yes it could have been a bad dream! my son has been sleeping through the night very well since 10 m/o (he's 13 m/o now), and a few weeks ago, out of nowhere, around 5 am he woke up screaming. I ran in the room, and he held out his arms, snot all over his face, I felt soooo bad for him. I picked him up, sat in the glider and he laid his head right on my chest, sucked his fingers and closed his eyes. after a while I started humming and laid him back down...he was perfectly fine. I think my son had a bad dream too. he did fart, so it could have been trapped gas too lol
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 8:20 PM on May. 21, 2009

• It might have been night terrors. Has there been a recenct change in his daily routine? Have spent a night away from home? New babysitter? Company staying overnight?

Answer by rkoloms at 9:20 PM on May. 21, 2009

• It could have been just gas pains, my daughter has let out loud cries and I wait to hear more and usually she goes back to sleep or else I just go in and roll her back over onto her back or pick her up and rock her and rub her back and she usually lets gas out one end or the other, haha, but normally she is still sleeping through the whole thing and isn't really even awake. I like you used to try to feed her and stuff and then I realized she wasn't really awake if I just rubbed her back and repositioned her she was fine.
    slynnb

Answer by slynnb at 11:45 PM on May. 21, 2009