What would you do?

I've been dating a guy for over 2 months now. We haven't had sex yet. He is newly divorced / single so I wanted to wait until he was ready to get intimate. Now he tells me that he has a hard time keeping an erection. Be kind. What are your thoughts? I already have mine. Just curious what others think.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:17 PM on May. 21, 2009 in Relationships

• Maybe it's just a rough emotional time for him and things will get better. Be understanding and give him some time, and try to not to take it personally, even though it's hard to do those things. I'm sure he can't be too happy about what's happening to him.
    ajguinn

Answer by ajguinn at 8:24 PM on May. 21, 2009

• How old is he? There are medications that he can take for that if it's an issue for him, as well as other things he can do for you that don't have anything to do with that part of him. (remind him of that) It was very trusting of him to share that with you and how you react may help fix that whole problem. Let him know it isn't a problem and that you enjoy spending time with him, not his penis.
    momofkearra

Answer by momofkearra at 8:20 PM on May. 21, 2009

• I personally would not have sex until I got married to the man. Also, I do not decide who I marry etc based on that. If you really love a personl unconditionally than whether or not you can have sex or good sex be the deciding factor. That being said I think that sex is a HUGE part of marriage. Its what binds people together as one, not just physically but in every other way as well. That being said if you decide to stay with him for the long hall you may want to seek professional help and I hope he would be willing to do so.
    Precious333

Answer by Precious333 at 8:21 PM on May. 21, 2009

• I guess alot of it depends on wether or not you are looking for something long term on an emotional level, or if you are looking for Mr. Right now. How important is sex to you? Has he ever seen a Dr about it? On medication for it? It sounds like he may be embarassed about it, if you really care about him I would try to talk to him about how you feel about it, and let him know he can talk to you without you freaking out and leaving him for it. GL
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 8:22 PM on May. 21, 2009

• HE WAS HONEST WITH YOU ON A VERY TOUCHY SUBJECT FOR MEN, THAT IS A PLUS. FIND OUT WHAT IS WRONG WITH HIM, AND TRY TO HELP HIM SOMEHOW, AND MAKE SURE THAT WHAT HE IS TELLING YOU ABOUT HIS EX WIFE IS TRUE, MEANING IS HE REALLY DIVORCED?

Answer by older at 8:32 PM on May. 21, 2009

• He is 39 and yes he is divorced. He says this has never happened and i figured he has been too nervous and emotional with everything else going on. So we'll see. Yes I know about the drugs and I asked him if he's gone to the doctor and he said not yet.
    Anonymous

• if he's a nice man you can still remain close to him without being intimate. It all depends on what you want from a relationship. Many times this close to a divorce is just a rebound thing anyway so protect your heart.

Answer by admckenzie at 9:19 PM on May. 21, 2009

• Look at his drivers license and make sure. The guy I was seeing said he was 39 turned out he is 50 and MARRIED. He said he was a widower. Or look him up on whitepages.com and it will show his age range and if his wife lives at the same address.
    Anonymous

• I have read over all the answers from previous posters and I guess I am the only one who is thinking what the he!! is his problem. Any man who wants to have intimacy can either go to the doctor or order a supply of viagra right off of the internet. It has been two months that you have been dating and I wonder how long before that since he has had sex? I don't think its that big of a deal to him and since you are posting asking what others think, it must be a big deal to you. WALK AWAY or face a very unsatisfying love life.
    haston

Answer by haston at 9:48 PM on May. 21, 2009

• Are you sure he is being completely honest with you? He is newly divorced. How does he describe his ex-wife? Is he bitter towards her or does he still have feelings for her?
    Anonymous