Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

i need a child therpist in the ogden area that deals with adhd for my six yr old

i have tried the pills and dealing with it myself but it is getting out of control i am affriad he will hurt his younger brother of 3 or the baby that is due next month. if he does not get his way he becomes very vilont and he also talks to himself all the time and has told me he has been seeing people that have died in our house. he is very hipper all the time too. i can hardly get him to watch tv or read a book for five min. he always wants to run. plz help me i dont know what to do any more i am thinking of tryin a child therpist and see what they say but i don't know of any. i have medicad and need to find someone that takes that. thanks kaysha cunningham

Answer Question

Asked by tigger5489 at 8:25 PM on May. 21, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

Level 1 (0 Credits)
Answers (3)
  • Does he eat things with high fructose corn syrup. If so, try stopping those foods and see if his behavior changes. Good luck with finding a counselor to help your family.

    Answer by Anonymous at 8:38 PM on May. 21, 2009

  • Ive never heard of a kid With ADHD acting anything like this. My son is ADHD and hes not like this at all. Talk to your childs Doctor and see what he/she says. Alot of kids are mis- diagnosed wrong with ADD/ADHD. I do know that meds only work if the child is truly ADHD.. and 6 is kinda young to know for sure.

    Answer by Anonymous at 8:39 PM on May. 21, 2009

  • Kids are hyper.. esp boys. What does his doctor say? The childs family care provider could refer you to a specialist. (if your on medicaid, their suppose to) Sound like he needs some structure and a routine, maybe let him get into a sport. Play outside to release some energy.

    Answer by Anonymous at 8:41 PM on May. 21, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.