Do you trust other's to take care of your kids?

This is more of a question for SAHM's. Can you and do you trust other's with your kids? If not why?
I read some answer's in another question and wondered why people can't trust other's with their kids? Did something happen to you or is it paranoia?
I have 3 kids and I've a handful of friends I'd trust my kids with. Also with my parent's and inlaws and my sister and her dh. They go to the nursery at church and things have been just fine.
Also if you don't trust anyone with your kids have you stated in your will who will be responsible for them if something we're to happen to you?

AmandaH321

Asked by AmandaH321 at 8:50 PM on May. 21, 2009 in General Parenting

• Yes, I trusted family members, close friends and our daycare providers with our kids who are now grown.
    They managed to reach the ages of 21 and 18 without any incidents, responisble attitudes and a healthy respect for others.
    Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 11:59 PM on May. 21, 2009

• As for the will thing, we have talked about it, but havent put anything into writing just yet. I have a few people I trust with my kids, for short spurts of time that is. Only 2 I trust to keep them over night. It is not a paranoia thing for the most part, but I have seen these people I dont trust loose controll with their own kids, and discipline my kids in ways I do not feel appropriate, therefore they do not watch them anymore. I am very leery of new people watching them, and won't leave the litle ones without their older brothers, as the little ones cant tell me if something has happened and my boys can. I also have a better time paying someone to watch them for some stuff cause I feel they might do a better job if they are getting paid.
    Anonymous

• My brother, yes.
    My MIL...NO WAY
    My FIL...he babysat today, but only for a few hours. He is also on the list to pick them up from school.
    My husband's sister, yes.
    And a couple of friends.

The great grandparents, not for long because of their health and age combined (they're in mid to late 80's and not in great health)

My husband's aunt, yes.

Overnight: my brother, my SIL and the great aunt.

The kids are to go to my brother and everyone knows it. It doesn't matter to my MIL, we know she'll try to get the boys. Won't happen. A judge will look at her medical records and laugh her out of court.

Anonymous

• i have only about 5 people i will leave my daughter with, i;m not parnoid but i also know in this day and time you cant trust just anyone and my baby my world i know what happen in my home i dont know what happen in others so unless it someone i've know for many years i dont leave her
    teddy33

Answer by teddy33 at 9:06 PM on May. 21, 2009

• i trust very few people with  my son

and i am not a sahm

the people i trust i trust totally

mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 9:08 PM on May. 21, 2009

• MIL-yes and she is the good list to pick up my son if my husband or me cant.
    My father/mother-no
    I have a select few fellow preschool moms who I trust.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 9:08 PM on May. 21, 2009

• I am a WSAHM, I never leave my children with any one unless I have no other choice (visitations), I feel as though when I made the choice to become a mother that was part of the package. Some say I'm over protective however I think in today's world I'm not.... Don't get me wrong my 6 YO DD spends the night at trusted family and friends house however my DS who is only 2 does not... I hear some mom's say they need a break and that's their choice, my kids are perfect, I do not need/want a break from them... I miss them terribly when they are not with me... I'm not paranoid just doing what I see in my children's best interest........ I mean I work from home so that I can be with my kids, if I wanted to be away from them I would work out side of the home.
    Wildkitten82

Answer by Wildkitten82 at 9:14 PM on May. 21, 2009

• ok lets see- i trust my mil with my kids because she knows and agrees with most of my parenting styles- but sad to say i dont trust them with anyone else really
    i used to let my oldest have sleep overs with my sister but he would come home saying things that he really shouldnt have been saying at the age 2 1/2 to 3 yrs old (things like mommy arent i sooo sexy? and stuff like bull shit! and damn this and damn that) so after i told her that these things werent apropriate she said alright, but i later found out from my son who cant keep a secret worth crap lol that she had been telling him things but then saying dont tell mommy- so i stopped her from seeing him without me being there- then once we were up at bear mountain in upstate new york she let my middle son (at the time he was just about to turn 3) go off on his own, luckily a friend of mines saw him wandering and brought him to me, then another time she let him run into
    lovelyli217

Answer by lovelyli217 at 9:21 PM on May. 21, 2009

• Of course I trust other people to provide care for my son if I am not with him. This includes my husband, my child's father. Then of course his baby sitter who is like a big sister to him. There are his day program teachers who are excellent. I like to have personal me time to recharge and so I find that having a list of supportive and caring people who I know care and nurture my son available is a wonderful comfort to me as a parent.
    frogdawg

Answer by frogdawg at 9:21 PM on May. 21, 2009

• cont, the street and when i screamed at her for not watching him she said oh if he would have gotten hit by a car he would have only done it once then he would have learned his lesson! omg i almost smacked her- the sad thing is my own mom took her side with all of those things so i cant even trust her to watch my boys- for fear that she wouldnt watch them right either- if i was to find someone i trusted yes i would let them watch my kids but after being burned by my own family so many times i just have more faith in myself to watch them....
    lovelyli217

Answer by lovelyli217 at 9:24 PM on May. 21, 2009