My 3 year old daughter is a cry baby

Ok I posted on here before about this issue....but it has just continued to get worse. She cries about EVERYTHING! It's insane! She can't get her shirt off...instead of asking me for help like I have asked her too a hundred times....she screams & cries hysterically. The tiny kitten we got barley touches her...she burst into tears. It's getting to the point where she cries & I just tell her go to our room until your done crying....and I wait....and wait.....and wait some more but she just sits in her room & cries. I will try to talk to her. I will speak to her calmly about what happen.....and she just starts to cry again. IDK what to do with her. I don't know what other approach we can take. My Fiance suggested making a chart of what we expect her to do w/o crying & if she get's so many stars she get's a surprise or something. I guess were going to try...but hope someone else has any other idea's at all.
Thanks.

jfblaine

Asked by jfblaine at 8:53 PM on May. 21, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I like you fiance's idea! Is he a teacher? lol

I am a teacher and that is such a teacher-y suggestion. hahaha.....

What about a crying baby....show her how the baby cries and teach her how to calm the baby and tell the baby to use words.....etc.......talk about how loud the baby is, and how the baby shouldnt cry so much....

Just an idea!
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 8:55 PM on May. 21, 2009

• That's got to be rough for all of you. Have you talked to her dr about it? I'd mention it and your concerns about her crying so much. It could be nothing and maybe the dr can give you some insight into how to help her or direct you to somewhere you can get some help for you.
    AmandaH321

Answer by AmandaH321 at 8:59 PM on May. 21, 2009

• My dd is 3 and she cried and whines all the time. We do a marble chart as a reward system and her whinning has become so irritating that if she whinnes she looses a marble she's earned. Her whinning has to be extreem though because she's earned those. I will ignore her when she whines and she'll stop and ask why I'm not helping her, I tell her you didn't ask me. I'm really hoping it's going to stop soon!
    AmandaH321

Answer by AmandaH321 at 9:05 PM on May. 21, 2009

• I think you should look into sensory integration disorder.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:41 AM on May. 22, 2009

• I agree with above poster, if your child is crying that much, maybe there is another reason for it.... I would definitely look into it.
    TheFriskyKitty

Answer by TheFriskyKitty at 8:26 AM on May. 22, 2009

• When my son was 3 he started this too, I started having a fit when he did, and I made it dramatic I would pretend to bawl and throw myself on the floor, even in publice twice!! He got the message how ridiculous this was and it stopped! How long have you had the fiance? Maybe she is a little jealous of someone coming between you and her. GOOD LUCK!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 11:35 AM on May. 22, 2009

• Well, first of all, think about how frustrating it would be if everything you did was hard. I mean, she's just trying to get her shirt off. Think how you would feel if that was hard and everything was too high for you to reach, etc. It's amazing they even want to get up in the morning with all the challenges they have really. I'd be pretty ticked all day.

Then, once you have the empathy going on, give her alternative things she can do when she's frustrated. Remind her to take two deep breaths and try to talk. When she chills out, let her talk about how she felt. When she learns how to use her words more than her raging emotions, she'll be more reasonable. It's a skill that some adults still haven't mastered.
    0123456

Answer by 0123456 at 4:41 AM on May. 23, 2009

• sensory integration disorder is certainly not the problem. The only 'symptom' she would have of that is her being so emotional. She has no learning disabilities...she's actually really smart for her age. No speech delays, no language delays. She is not over sensitive to touch or sounds. She has no social problems, she's a social butterfly. So none of that would be the issue. I know she is a very emotional little girl. I'm just trying to get some suggestions on how to deal with her being so emotional. But thank you for trying to help with your answer.
    jfblaine

Answer by jfblaine at 4:05 PM on May. 23, 2009